• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

It would seem that turret y x and tread l r configs are very flexible.

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, January 15, 2009, 10:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Especially when doing modifications like wheels verses track layouts. The turret y x thingy has even more possibilities. I've made quite a few interesting configs like movable soldier body parts, and various other turret layouts. One I'm working on now is a land rover look-a-like with a gunner mounted on the top of the cab complete with rotating turret assembly.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

BNG Da BZ Fool

The Rock Tank Odf appears to be more useful for twin based weapons like guns, cannons, and rockets. The Ass. Tank only appears to be able to fire a single weapon at a time by the AI, but does appear to move quite a bit more stable; the RT is quite a bit squirrelly overall compared to the AT. I wonder why this oddity is present? Do you suppose it's due to one being a support type verses assault? BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Red Devil

The weapon use is due to the different AI used for each one.   The RT and AT both have combat and assault HP's.  The RT has a higher center of gravity than the AT and is faster and has more thrust, much like your LR.  There's new settings for lowering the center of gravity.
What box???

mrtwosheds

Ai process, Thats this bit

aiName = "SupportProcess"
aiName2 = "SupportProcess"

fires assault weapons at assault targets and combat at combat.

BNG Da BZ Fool

One word of caution though...when adding a gunner figure don't attach it to the turret_x assembly. I found this out today when I loaded the model into the game with the gunner glued to the x part and he would go up and down with the turret; not a pretty site considering his seat was attached to the y turret. Although, his head could be attached to x if you want him to look up and down as the turret points up and down to fire. i did this with my version of a gun bike based off the RT odf.

This unit also based off the RT odf has a gunner figure sitting on the y turret.