• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

What it looks like in next 250 million years!

Started by hybirdisdf, January 21, 2009, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybirdisdf

Are you scared?Look at it!There are so many danger coming across all over the world i mean like disease virus,wild animals,exticnet sea mammals,smuggle terrorist,etc....Im so scared of ultra future.

Nielk1

Wrong board. Please post such things in OT next time. An admin or mod will move this I am sure.

Click on the image...

hybirdisdf

Angstromicus

My my, people around here should start trying harder to post in the right boards  :|.

*Moves to the "correct" board*

Now, the topic *possibly* violates rule 5. Though, I can muster up a response. Perhaps other people could help make this a discussion. If not, that's two offenses instead of just one  :wink:.

There's not much to tell about dangers across the world like diseases, viruses, wild animals, extinct sea mammals, smuggle terrorists, etc. The only thing I can tell being a danger by looking at that picture are possibly earthquakes. Though, that's just a simple picture of Earth's forecast geology. Earth in 250 million years is purely open to speculation, because Earth could still be habitable in 250 million years since it should still be in the "comfort zone" of orbiting around the Sun.

Earth could be free of humans in 250 million years because humans going extinct is a real possibility. Humans still probably have a few hundred years at the least before mars or the moon can be colonized and be made self-sustaining and self-productive without aid from Earth. If humans reach this point, chances of survival should dramatically increase. A few thousand years after that, it's not infeasible that humans will fully be able to control the planet, including its tectnoic activity, climate, etc.

So, if humans die out, in 250 million years your concerns will be irrelevant.

If humans do not die out, in 250 million years then some of your concerns may be relevant. It is possible that computer viruses will be an issue. Viruses of the flesh will likely not exist, unless they are created by humans to outsmart what ever protective measures that are most likely in place to prevent a genocide of the human race by a virus. There probably would not be any wild animals to worry about, because in 250 million years the entire planet would be a city. I assume by "exticnet" sea mammals you mean "extinct" sea mammals. I see no reason why extinct sea mammals, even bioengineered to be brought back from the dead, would pose a threat. There likely would exist much better places to swim than the sea, like a virtual reality module or a man-made sea. Terrorists may be of issue, but I'd hope that humans would of become sophisiticated enough in 250 million years as to have cultural unity and a fair treatment of every citizen.

Axeminister

I've always wondered what pressure is going to do to the planet when we have sucked too many wells dry(gas, oil, water etc.). This leaves pockets of space all over the planet. One day the earth is going to collapse in on itself and wreak all kinds of havoc. If this were to happen at a key time when shifting were happening then we could see some landmass changes.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

hybirdisdf

We will seeing advance intelligent humans.There will be ultra crowd people and cities  just like one you see star wars movie or sci fi movies.Our sun will turn into 3/4 orange 1/4 red.It will swell bigger size and hotter.Every stars shift away from our sol system as move toward center of galaxy.We will seeing brighter and slam with radiation from milky way.I wonder do the voyager 1 and 2 working or dead?this craft head to near our star in next 40 thousand yrs at speed of light.Have you guys read cosmo by carl sagan?He knew it will happening to us and our universe.We present are very lucky to live and happy life before things turn into chao the year of many million centuries.

hybirdisdf

After 250 million years later,Our earth start to experince meltdown and water vapor from ocean steam away to empty space.It still good to use,live and eat til end of life planet earth around 3 billions yrs. :cry:

Feared_1

We wont be around by that time. I'm not a big fan of the Nostradamus 2012 thing, but it has to happen eventually, and 250 million years gives mankind PLENTY of time to blow each other up.

TheJamsh

so long as my mod is out before i go merrily on up to the sky ill be alright haha :)

well nah id like to achieve a little more than that lol. im going into robotics this year, maybe I will be the end of the human race!

MUUHA

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: hybirdisdf on January 22, 2009, 01:40:43 PM
I wonder do the voyager 1 and 2 working or dead?

They are still working, but their battery will run out within the next 20 years (i cant remember exactly) but they are still operational, still sending up pictures. But after that, they will just be space junk.

Being the christian that i am, i do not believe 250 million years will pass, heck i dont even think 10 years will pass.

But, the thing is remember, think about how much has been done in 100 years, 250 million, we will probably be living on other planets...
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

ScarleTomato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbnM_42mQE
i disagree with some of the small details, but the main jist seems pretty sensible to me. IOW i think if we're still alive in 250m years, the earth's problems will either be prevented or insignificant.

technoid

That graphic isn't really surprising when it has been theorized that 250 millions years AGO, all the land masses were joined together into what is/was named the Pangaea supercontinent.  It is generalized that that cycle of continental drift will eventually make them move back into that pattern, perhaps in 250 millions years from now.  And we know drift is real.  There was also a mass extinction of flora and fauna back then (due to a possible ice age cycle), which led to the domination of dino's for approximately the next 200M years.  Other than cosmic, astrophysical and planetary patterns, 250M years is way too far to predict what would become of Earthly life.  But I am Christian also (which doesn't conflict with my belief in prehistory) and would think that in, say A.D. 250002009, we would all be on a higher level of existence by then, but not out of our own "mortal" accord.  Per biblical predictions and revelations, things should start happening soon in what would be called the last dispensation, i.e. in our lifetime.  Whether that would be 2012 or later should be moot. 

QuoteI've always wondered what pressure is going to do to the planet when we have sucked too many wells dry(gas, oil, water etc.). This leaves pockets of space all over the planet. One day the earth is going to collapse in on itself and wreak all kinds of havoc. If this were to happen at a key time when shifting were happening then we could see some landmass changes.
We must learn from the mistakes from what is, and was, Miasma.   :-P

mrtwosheds

250 million years ago, there was nothing even remotely resembling a Human being  on this planet, 250 million years into the future, the same will be true, we will either have evolved or died out. Considering our current situation the latter seems unavoidable, unless there are some serious advances in technology to make human space travel a reality, or some serious adjustment in the Human mind set or biology that makes long term survival on this planet a likely prospect.

Wraith

Also we will be approaching a bad era (forgot the name) in the next several decades ore hundreds of years or w/e. The earth will be sucked into a blackhole one day.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

hybirdisdf

Quote from: cheesepuffly on January 22, 2009, 02:53:22 PM
They are still working, but their battery will run out within the next 20 years (i cant remember exactly) but they are still operational, still sending up pictures. But after that, they will just be space junk.

I dont know for sure they will send planetary replay craft into space for assist older crafts.Hmm,Pluto express craft will pass our last lonely icy planet in next few yrs from now,it will speed up and pass our old dear voyager 1 & 2.I hope PE will snapshot of dusty voyager 1 & 2.