• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

recording with .dll

Started by TheJamsh, January 25, 2009, 03:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

hit a small issue.

i need to record in high-quality and high-fps a 640x480 sized video of some in game footage. Im filling the main shell screen with a movie and laying the buttons over the top like a lot of the modern fps/strat games have.

i cant use fraps because its for my shell background so i dont want the www.fraps.com overlay. fraps also seems to record in pretty poor quality no matter what i try.

does anyone know the best way to do this? short of sitting with a video camera pointed at the screen and editing that into a loop later?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Find someone with a video card that has a composite video out.  Many of the GeForce cards have this and you can play your game sequence while feeding it directly to a VCR, then digitize the footage later with any video capture setup. 

Depending on what card that person has it might be VIVO, "Video In/Video Out".  A lot of the GeForce and ATI cards have this, and that person might be able to immediately pipe the video back in and digitize it for you.

Otherwise you're looking at finding a better video capture software setup than Fraps and that's like to cost some money.

-Av-

BNG Da BZ Fool

Instead of a VCR use a DVD recorder to keep it ditigal then you could try using an application like Nero Vision Express 2 or later to edit the video.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

mrtwosheds

the www.fraps.com overlay Is removed once you pay for it, or...it still slows the game down though so its only good for simple stuff.

bigbadbogie

It doesn't slow the game down, for me anyway.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

hybirdisdf

vdubdemo media window player is one of best quailty video recording.not only quality but fast and super smooth.Price $$ around less or more than 100 dollars.

TheJamsh

well my desktop is the only one with external ports from the grtaphics card (its a geforce 7500 LE). typical seeing as my klaptop has an 8600 fitted and 2.4 ghz

gah. i suppose direct out might be the way to go, but if that doesnt work, ill spend a while setting up a vid camera in front of the screen and recording it that way.

Axeminister

I  haven't noticed fraps slowing down my games either. It has different settings for different quality recordings and its cheap, like 20 bucks. I like using it to take screenshots of movies (like The Incredible Hulk) and using those as wallpapers.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

i achieve a maximum of about 20 fps if i run fraps with BZII, but i do run at highest settings.

trouble is i HAVE to if i want a decent shell movie, itll look horribile otherwise

hybirdisdf

i suppose direct out might be the way to go, but if that doesnt work, ill spend a while setting up a vid camera in front of the screen and recording it that way.

Try burner and upload media movier maker.