• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Why do people allways kick me?

Started by Power Board, January 28, 2009, 02:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Board

Ok, I was kinda bored of IA maps so I decided to get on multiplayer and join someones game. The first game I entered was a MPI game, with only one person in it. So i destroyed a few of the enemy's scavs and snipered a few ships, then I was told I had too much lag, so he kicked me. So, I decided to go into another game, which was a death match game. I was on a role then the host kicked me 'cos I had lag! Now, I was really pissed off, so I went into another game.This one was a team strat. So, I built a few scavs, a few scouts and a constructor. Then I was KICKED because the guy thought I had too much LAG!

Now, I know I didn't have lag because I had turned off all the unnecessary programs (like firefox, Norton 360, ect). So, I tried one last time. I got into another MPI game and completely OWNED the AI. I asked the host if I had lag, and he said "HELL NO!" So what is with game hosts these days?

bigbadbogie

They could have been in another country...

Lag is easily induced by joining a game with high ping, especially if you have a slow internet connection.

Where are you located and how fast is your internet??
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Also, pb4a likes to complain about players being lagged by # seconds, but I normally don't see it effect my game play. Perhaps they saw that and said you lagged.

I've had the same garbage on Starcraft, with peopling in the same state. That was caused by my router though.

I echo the questions BBB asked.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Pb4a induces lag unfortunately, no one really knows the cause of it yet. tis a shame because it makes an otherwise great patch relatively unplayable.

fast connection and computer always helps though...im forgiving over the multiplayer sense of things than most impatient folk

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

I have had NO lagouts testing MRVP 2.0 in pb4a?

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

It seems to me, that the lag bug generally only starts happening with >3 players.
I am also coming to the opinion that it is not "real" Lag. eg if while people are dropping out and you sit in the lobby and /pinglist the large lags being reported inside the game are not returned by pinglist. (as a client)
I suspect pb4a has some sort of issue with the server synchronising players.
I'm not a tester for the patch, These are just my personal suspicions.

Commando

ScarleTomato

i play plenty of lan games here at home w/ pb4a. Two players seems to do alright most of the time, but when all three of my bros join it usually gets really laggy and starts automatically booting ESPECIALLY if we use any mods.

Steeveeo

I have found that, in any game mode or mod, or even stock that, if someone joins after the game has started, then enters the game, there will be about a 15-45 second period where the joiner reports 99 lag. When we tested SRV, we found that if everyone tries to stay as still as possible during that time, the success rate of the join goes up, and eventually the lag goes back to the normal level.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Also, pausejoin pausejoin pausejoin!

Click on the image...

AcneVulgaris

Have you tried standing on one foot and saying "mrrrmeeemrrrrmeeee" as someone joins?  I find that tends to prevent lag  and clear up my skin as well.  Sometimes it even makes it rain.

Nielk1

Quote from: AcneVulgaris on January 28, 2009, 11:12:55 PM
Have you tried standing on one foot and saying "mrrrmeeemrrrrmeeee" as someone joins?  I find that tends to prevent lag  and clear up my skin as well.  Sometimes it even makes it rain.
* Nielk1 falls over laughing

Click on the image...

Power Board

So its PB4a problem.

@BBB
I'm in Australia. I just did a speed test with my ISP, and here are the results: Line speed is 433 kbps (0.43 Mbps).Download speed is 54 KB/s (0.05 MB/s).

mrtwosheds

If you see a bunch of msgs telling everyone that they are lagged by incrementing amounts, and then get auto booted, it is probably the bug, It is also highly possible that some people just kick you out, it happens allot.

Nielk1

Wow! Australia... That might be your issue. I hate to say this but, try playing with some Australians and see if you lag with them, then play with some other ppl.

Click on the image...