• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Silly Question about 1.2 verses 1.3 models and props?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, January 27, 2009, 02:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Most of my models were created for BZII 1.2. Will they work for BZII 1.3 and above? Do I need to copy them to the addon folder of my 1.3 PB4 install to get them to work/appear ingame? Tanks BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

GSH

I don't think the .xsi | .msh file formats read by BZ2 have changed since 1.0's release. You should be able to read your model files in any version. ODFs have generally added lots of params, especially with 1.3pb#, so behavior might not be identical.

-- GSH

BNG Da BZ Fool

Cool, I guess I should spend some time reading the various change logs to make the transition to the latest version of BZII. Been meaning to do this for quite some time now as I seem to be stuck in a 1.2 limbo-kinda-when-r-u-going-2-already move up kind of thingy.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

Yeah... I know how that feels. It only took me a few days to get used to 1.3 after 1.2.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

Generally speaking you should not have problems, if they work in 1.2 they should work in 1.3.
There is something in the modlog about walker model hierarchy's, didn't cause me any problems though.
The addon folder wil be fine for testing stuff out.
Some weapons may behave strangely or report errors as some stuff has been altered.
Also seems to me that sometimes the editor goes a bit funny and won't display a model, (havn't figured out whats going on here yet)
restarting the editor seems to sort it out.