• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Best software?

Started by Arbystrider, January 29, 2009, 02:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ac/dc

this is most of my software

- audacity (audio editing). i use it for music recording, editing, and for annoying people on vent  :-D(recording someones voice then playing it over and over  :evil:)
- bitlord
- DAEMON Tools Pro
- Diskeeper Corporation
- DVD Shrink
- fraps (although i am actively searching for new software, since the video size and cpu usage piss me off with this, someone pls tell me of a good program that can record bz2!!)
- GIMP
- KMplayer (media player)
- LimeWire
- Sibelius (music composition software, also supports guitar tabs etc). another good program is 'finale'. i recommend against guitar pro due to limitations.
- super (video file conversion)
- Ventrilo
- Zone alarm

Nielk1

Ac/dc, use virtualDub to reprocess fraps video or else they are HUGE. They say to do that online somewhere, I forget where.

Click on the image...

Ac/dc

yes thats the problem. atm i just use windows movie maker to compress them. is it possible to compress them into smaller vids austomatically? this would be extremely helpful!! :-)

Arbystrider

Quote from: Ac/dc on February 03, 2009, 05:25:22 AM
- Diskeeper Corporation

Ya might wanna consider changing to Smart Defrag, a free alternative to DisKeeper and PerfectDisk.
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Angstromicus

Use a H264 codec for best quality/size ratio. Use Huffyuv for best lossless compression.

*I'm speaking about codecs, of course. So get some video compression software that supports Microsoft Video (AVI) and/or MPEG4. Download codecs here: http://www.cccp-project.net/. Google for Huffyuv and use it through ffdshow (I belive ffdshow comes with CCCP, otherwise, use the codec pack that comes in CCCP). I believe hou get H264 through apple quicktime.

Nielk1

Quote from: Ac/dc on February 05, 2009, 01:34:36 AM
yes thats the problem. atm i just use windows movie maker to compress them. is it possible to compress them into smaller vids austomatically? this would be extremely helpful!! :-)

Not automatic, but I encode fraps videos with divX but with a noticeable loss of quality. Look at my recall mine Youtube video.

Click on the image...

Ac/dc

omfg are fraps programmers so *Ammo*ing retards to not have picked up on this problem by now? seriously, 1 gigabyte per 10 secs... wtf were they thinking lol, i cannot believe they charge money for this....

thx btw, although i got no problem with compressing the vids, i would however be very greatful if there was something that could compress the videos automatically, prefebly as soon as they are made

Arbystrider

Does anybody here think of OpenSource before they buy stuff?!

What a rip-off!!!

So next time, before you hit the BUY button,check osalt.com for a free (and better) alternative.

And, uh, that's exactly what I do, however, OpenSource software may be a little complicated to use as compared to commercial software, though. (But some aren't, like AIRC and VLC.)

EDIT:

Quote from: Ac/dc on February 03, 2009, 05:25:22 AM
- bitlord
- LimeWire

Mind telling me why you got TWO torrent programs?

Nielk1

Quote from: Ac/dc on February 06, 2009, 05:23:51 AM
omfg are fraps programmers so *Ammo*ing retards to not have picked up on this problem by now? seriously, 1 gigabyte per 10 secs... wtf were they thinking lol, i cannot believe they charge money for this....

thx btw, although i got no problem with compressing the vids, i would however be very greatful if there was something that could compress the videos automatically, prefebly as soon as they are made

No, they did it on purpose, If you look it up, they have maximum possible compression on a video of that resolution made at that speed without impacting game play.

Quote from: Arbystrider on February 06, 2009, 06:59:58 AM
Mind telling me why you got TWO torrent programs?

Helps if you actually KNOW what they are. Limewire is P2P yes, but it does not use torrent files. If it does, and I am wrong, it uses them silently telling you nothing as you search for what you want IN IT and get it that way, not by downloading torrent files. Limewire however has less legal uses than bittorent clients.

Click on the image...

Ac/dc

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 06, 2009, 02:15:34 PM
No, they did it on purpose, If you look it up, they have maximum possible compression on a video of that resolution made at that speed without impacting game play.
it still perplexes me as to why they dont have an option to make them smaller

*Edited for vulgarity.

Ac/dc

oops got a little carried away in the last post

I found a desktop recording program that has a decent sized bitrate and works fine with bz2 (although i think you have to tab out to start it). its called SuperVideoCap, but the torrents for the full version dont work :S, and the trial version only records 10 secs which wont be much help.

ill keep yall posted as soon as i can get it working

Axeminister

I have at least 150 pc games. Nothing to mod with but I do have the full fraps. And your typical stuff like messengers, ventrilo, ACDSee 32(for pictures).
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Arbystrider

Quote from: Axeminister on February 07, 2009, 07:47:21 PM
I have at least 150 pc games. Nothing to mod with but I do have the full fraps.

Overkill. Too rich for my taste.

Ac/dc

omfg.... OMFG!!!! ive been trying to dl supervideocap with bitlord for the past week. it didnt start till 2 days ago, in about 10 mins, it got to 94%, and now its STOPPED again!!!!!!!

Nielk1

If its the trial get it from their site, if its full that is illegal and should not be done and at the very least not talked about here.

Someone suggested I try CamStudio. I think that was the name. It is free and legal!

Click on the image...