• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Looking for a weapon

Started by Dianoga4, February 02, 2009, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dianoga4

Hey all, thinking about doing some more work on my mod and I'm looking for a certain type of weapon that I was hoping might already be in game or a similar one.

What I'm wanting to do is have a weapon turret that is not line of sight. It only targets one target at a time but it's suppose to send a rumble and explosion under them. So basically when a tank comes in range of the turret, even if it can't see it, explosions start going off under the tank until it gets out of range. I'm trying to copy a turret from another game which my mod is based off of that does this and was hoping that there might be something similar in the game already that I can start to work with and tweak to my liking?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any info.

Dia

PS: Oh btw, also can someone remind me what bit rate sounds have to be to be used in the game please, I have forgotten. I keep thinking it's 22.5 or something like that. Thanks!

mrtwosheds

11025 is the sound bit rate used commonly in bz2.

There is this from the modlog.

This setting determines whether a missile that locks onto a target will require a clear Line of Sight or not.

If needLOS is either 1 or true, a clear Line of Sight will be required for a weapon lock.  If needLOS is set to either 0 or false, a weapon lock will be possible even through obstructions such as the terrain or buildings.

bigbadbogie

A turret that shoots an invisible popper mortar might work.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Zero Angel

A turret that shoots an invisible popper that fires an invisible spraybomb. Just because the spraybomb will bounce off of the tank when it makes direct contact.

Like so

Radarpopper -> Spraybomb -> Spraybuilding -> Mortar/Grenade

That will create an invisible weapon that will create a series of explosions NEAR the tank, originating from the ground. However as far as I know, having radarpoppers fire grenade physics weapons isnt the most accurate way to go.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Dianoga4

Thanks for the info so far guys I'll have to be doing some testing. Anymore info as always is appreciated.

Dia

TheJamsh

the sound files can be in any of the following sampling rates:

BZII will use the highest quality sound it can which is believe is 44100, any thing above will just get played back at 44100. The files must be in .wav format, and MONO << important.

Sound files within the shell can be stereo, and in either .wav or .ogg format.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

there is another problem, a radar popper might make it more difficult to tune up...

easier way to do it... give the spray bomb a really high speed, so that the arc isnt really so easy to notice. use 'lifespan' to determine how far it can go. bearing in mind if you want it to be anywhere near accurate at a range over 100 metres you will have to set a ridiculous shot speed.

you MIGHT be able to use shotPitch = # to make the AI shoot the ordnance just underneath the vehicle its aming at too (although it wont make a difference because you cant really shoot 'under' something unless its altitude is higher than the radius of the collision sphere.

Failing that, could you explain what youre after a bit more? if youre just trying to push tanks away with what looks like a series of explosions, use a tightly-clustered cannon salvo, with expire explosions (that have high kick velocities). that way they will explode on the tank sending them flying backwards and creating a pretty series of explosions.

you cant really shoot anything UNDER an object unless its a mine, and even then whatever spawns it will bounce off the tank first.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dianoga4

Hmm it might help if I take a quick video from the game it's based off of and show you what it does in that game. I'll post it up probably later on this evening. Thanks for the info.

Dia

Dianoga4

Ok hopefully this little video I made will help to show what I'm trying to do. Whenever you come in range of this turret, doesn't have to be line of sight, just be in range of it, you start getting attacked by it. It starts to explode under your feet pretty much. I started off in 3rd person and switched to 1st person. The turret is actually under the ground on one of the little hills and you can see the little eplosion from it firing and I go right up to it and shoot at it as well. But the main thing is is that as long as you are in range, you get attacked with explosions under you. Also this turret only can attack one thing at a time. Again thanks for any info.

http://www.4shared.com/file/84011785/4e709b04/Hellpit.html

Dia

Nielk1

Popper will work great for that, use the one that fires at the object currently targeted as a base (so it doesn't go off and attack an unintended target). To make it perfect I would use DLL myself to spawn the explosions, but poppers are best here.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

I almost have a QF shuttle lifting off from a 'bomber bay', flying to a target, and coming back, and shooting everything in between! (The landing when it comes back is the issue ATM.)

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Just have it replaced with an actual bomber-class shuttle until it has landed.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

The issue is the auto-turret confusing the landing process. It already is a bomber. I think I may have to remove the turret when within proximity of the bay.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Replace it with a turret that has no collision.

My BZ2 mods: