• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Looking for a weapon

Started by Dianoga4, February 02, 2009, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I just thought of something. If you add the weapons HP of the turret VERY VERY high up and have it fire the radarpopper directly downwards, then it should deliver the popper's payload to the ground much faster.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

If you were going to do that ZA, just use a cannon class weapon.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Dianoga4

Hmm that is an idea ZA, and yea BBB I could just make the shot go real fast. Thanks guys, I have something to try and test out cool. Thanks again guys.

Dia

TheJamsh

ZA's idea, then cannon class with a shot pitch. jobs a good un

dont know what the obsession with radar poppers is lol

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

But if you want the ground muzzleflash explosion like in that other game, you will need to use popper.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

just looked to me like he was shooting at the floor, not much else. those effects could probably be done pretty easily

Dianoga4

The muzzle flash of the turret itself I'm not that worried about and will probably just leave it out. Also in that game most of the turret is buried underground which is one of its advantages to using as defense. The only time you can actually see it (or part of it) is if it was built on absolutely flat ground and then you can click on it and target it. If you can't see it though kinda like in that video, then you have to let your rovers(that's what they are called in there) get close enough that they auto target it. I'm going to make it a  little more visible in my mod so that it isn't impossible to target.

It's been fun so far here's a little video of me a bud playing MPI against the Scions online. As you will see it is not a done mod, there are still stock buildings and things I need to replace like the constructors. The last part of the video shows a couple more things done. I haven't worked on it for quite a while but getting the itch again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhtllLw7L8

Hmm off topic but maybe you guys can answer a question after watching that video. Notice how sometimes the graphics seem to switch to low quality? Like the plasma shots and the big laser from the sky look good in one part of the video but then change to low quality in another part of the video? Is that a glitch or does that just have to do with the drivers of my video card? I have an nvidia card and know about the issues with the newer drivers but I'm running some older drivers and it still does it. Also I'm getting alot of video lag these days when I have a base built with even only a few buildings up in it. In that video things were all normal and I didn't get the lag but I seem to get alot of it now and I haven't changed barely anything since this video was made a while back. As always any info is appreciated, thanks guys.

Dia

TheJamsh

thats not a glitch. check this out from gameprefs:

// Sort order for which graphical features are dropped. These numbers
// must be between 1 and 100. The values in a sequence (e.g. SkyOff ->
// SkyLow -> SkyHigh) must be in increasing order. Entries in
// different sequences may have the same value. Lowest priority items
// (whose FPS matches) will be disabled. If nothing is disabled for a
// period, then it checks for things to enable, highest priority to
// lowest priority (whose FPS matches)

ObjsLow = 28
ObjsMed = 27
ObjsHigh = 26
LightsNone = 25
TerrainLow = 24
SkyNone = 23
PropsNone = 22
ShadowOff = 21
LightsOne = 20
TerrainMed = 19
SkyLow = 18
ShadowMed = 17
PropsMed = 16
SkyHigh = 15
TerrainHigh = 14
LightsNoHeadlights = 13
PropsHigh = 12
ParticleLow = 11
ParticleMed = 10
ParticleHigh = 9
ReflectionsOff = 8
LocalFogOff = 7
WeatherOff = 6
LightsAll = 5
ReflectionsOn = 4
LocalFogOn = 3
WeatherOn = 2
ShadowHigh = 1

Zero Angel

Thats true. Radarpopper might not even be needed if the height of the weapon is high enough. I just like them is all, since they lead the target and fire no matter what your orientation. Also, they would (theoretically) be affected by jammers if they used radarpopper, which makes sense because the turret does not need direct LOS, so it would likely rely on radar instead.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression