• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

What program were the original Scion voices created with?

Started by bigbadbogie, March 12, 2009, 08:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

And what settings did they use?

Cause I need to be able to make Scion voices the same way they were orignally made for Fleshstorm 2.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Even FE's approximation was a bit off.

Knowing the general details would let us do it with any program.

Click on the image...

AHadley

And what effects were used for Hadean/Cerberi voices? Any specific effects to be added to ISDF voices to give the crackly radio effect?

Warfreak

Audacity's Echo and Reverb used correctly seems to give a decent Scion feel to the voiceover.

Red Devil

What box???

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

VSMIT

No.  They got real Scions, Hadeans, and Cerberi to do the voice overs.

Really hard to get the Cerberi to sit still for it.  Had to entice them somehow.  Johnny's arm will never be the same...

:-D

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

LOL!!!

And the Scions kept telling the recording studio guys how badly they were missing out on embracing biometal.

The Hadeans kept losing concentration and all left early before getting drunk, stealing a bus and going joyriding through the streets of LA before getting pulled over by a cop who is now in traction for the rest of his life after asking to see the drivers licence and getting mauled to within an inch of his life. They then went home and watched the V8 Supercars. One of them got bored and drove his Xypos all the way to the racetrack and did a jump right onto the track, and raced the cars around the circuit... and won. He was given $20,000,000 prizemoney and a bottle of champagne (which he ate thinking it was a human leg-bone) and then went back to the main Hadean base in Siberia where they were digging to try and find the Nexus.

Goodnight. (Yes you can probably guess that I am currently high as a kite.)

My BZ2 mods:

AHadley

You are mad. Seriously, which settings? Or did somebody willingly sacrifice their throat and vocal chords?

TheJamsh

go grab the FE credits, then find the guys. best bet is to catch BS-er over at orderly mayhem games.

VO's are hard. You either have the voice for them or you dont.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

If nobody knows (or will tell me) the answer to this... then I will end up having to find a substitute voice effect that probably wont sound anywhere near as good as the original one.

My BZ2 mods:

TheJamsh

Im guessing a pitch shift but preserving tempo (can be done in goldwave, but its not free).

Try adding reverb with a high 'high filter' but short delay and a bit of compression. Immitate there speech best as pos.

A REALLY fast stereo flanger might help a little too, but that might get cancelled out when you convert back to mono.

Other than that, try the original developers. They might know. dont hold youre breath though, theyve got access to a lot of programs you probably havent. (probably an old version of cubase or even Pro Tools.)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AHadley

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread, I might suddenly find myself useful :D