• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

need help

Started by TheJamsh, February 05, 2009, 10:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

I want to animate a pilot to enable him to use a charging mortar weapon. when selected, he will remove the weapon from his back, sit in on the floor pointing up into the sky and look forwards.

I want the weapon to ALWAYS fire upwards (or about 80 degrees upwards), no matter where the eyepoint is looking, the mortar MUST fire in the same direction everytime. I was wondering if anyone knew some useful turret tricks/model tricks to get this to work properly.

It would be nice to have the eyepoint looking wherever i want while the mortar fires up into the air, but straight ahead is acceptable.

I am using ChargeGunClass which i cannot change, which rather unfortunately doesn't seem to recognise any kind of shotPitch function. a REAL annoyance. If anyone can tell me how i can get this to work i would be grateful.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

That sounds like a very big deal.

If you want that, you would have to reanimate the pilot with new vertex animations.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

thats the fine part, the hard part is getting the HP to lock upwards instead of moving with the eyepoint...

BNG Da BZ Fool

You might try setting the hp to point to 45 degree as I mistaken set one to fire from. It forced the unit to fire at a ridiculously high angle; unfortunately it didn't hit a damn target in doing so, but maybe setting it to < degree like 5 degrees might work angle wise. Can you import an XSI file directly into MAX? If you can then you might be able to edit the animation files to modify them to your liking. Not sure though if that can be done, but maybe someone could offer some sugestions on how it might be possible.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

See if you can turn convergence off on pilots. That is what makes weapons fire where you are looking.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

weapon convergence setting doesnt seem to make a blind bit of difference under ANY craft, let alone pilots.

ive got the HP to point upwards fine, i just need BZ2 to keep it locked in place