• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can I add my models into the map editor object selection box?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, February 12, 2009, 05:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

If so how is it done? I have a ton of models and props that I'd like to add so I don't constantly have to type the unit name for each of them, or would it just be easier to copy them to the existing folders that are already in the map configuration settings? Tanks BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

The BZ2 editor uses CFG files to hold the lists. Find the correct one, extract it from the pak, place it in addon, and add your custom items to the list.

Click on the image...

It used to be as simple as looking for 'editor.object.config' I think, which is just a cfg file for the objects in the editor list.   Might be a bit more complex now, in 1.3...

-Av-

BNG Da BZ Fool

Wow, in my 1.3 install there appears to be multiple CFG files related to objects for the map editor. Would it be possible add my own custom version without having to modify an existing one? I don't want to screw up a perfectly good one just to add my own. Could I like copy the format of say the original, substitute my own units, rename the file, and put in the path that BZII uses to simply add my modified version into the map editor interface? Or is it a bit more complex then this? Tanks BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

GSH

Editor .cfg files can be safely locally edited/modified/created/etc, and will not cause bad assets.

-- GSH