• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Looking for suggestions and feelings about a model/texture

Started by Nielk1, February 14, 2009, 11:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Click on the image...

NoStr0m0

Nice, it reminds me (and this is not a bad thing) of the police cars in Blade Runner, but that might just be me.

Anyway, it's a nice model, I like the dynamic swept look of it.
You could make the cockpit area, if any, a little better defined (different texture, some lines to separate it from the rest of the body) and also, could change the pod engines, maybe cut the end of the pods so you have a ~ triangular shape and bevel it inwards a bit and make that the engine. For the moment, the pod engines look too... pipe stuck in there.

My 2 cents.
" 'Till the world burned! "

TheJamsh

i like it. generally looks pretty coool. looking forward to this a lot. shame development has been lodged on hold.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

If I just made that it is clearly slowly moving. Sadly we have shed most of the help it seems.

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

When I think 'police car' I usually think of a mostly white car with significant amounts of black and blue. I kinda dig the orange stripe thing on it, it gives the impression 'utility thing'. Overall that craft looks like it would be fast (like all police cars are), lightly armored (because thats how it looks), fly kind of high and not turn very fast. Probably it would also have a disabler weapon like sandbag or EMP in addition to normal armament.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Nice. I like your use of symbology for the logos.

And also on the description of the car, I agree with the non use of shared biometal ammo reserves since the biometal use is restricted. Shared ammo reserves utilize raw biometal to generate the ammo in real time, so thus would classify as lower grade 'biometal processors' (utillizing the same principle as a constructor, except much less programmable, and specialized towards specific ammo types) -- one could theoretically hack one to make it programmable -- in essence a 'mini factory'.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

Nk1 you have some real hidden talents... i love those icons.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

BNG Da BZ Fool

It took an excessive time to load. Flash on a dialup sucks big time. Nice simple model N1. Are you going to use it as a prop in the mod? Are you going to make a police station too?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Axeminister

I truly like that you're using General Braddock as someone who comes and conquers the earth. I've often thought that the continuance of both the ending stories would be good starting points for another mod. And he defanitely talks about conquering earth, and the universe, lol. The Scions bathing the inhabitants of earth in the illuminescent light of enlightenment the Cthonians enjoyed has always intrigued me when thinking how that would play out. Especially if a heightened awareness were to be enjoyed by earthlings, bringing us to a level of understanding to be able to face any invaders with ease.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

Hmm, how OLD would Braddock be by this mod. He will definitely still be alive, even if it his augmented by biometal.

Click on the image...

Axeminister

I know FE has him detonating a giant mega-bomb which destroys most of the Scions. And he hides somewhere, oh I can't remember everything on that. But FE is definately the source of a bunch of information for what happens after stock bz2 missions.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

In the wiki on my site you can find a lot of info. FE takes place after the Scion story split, this mod takes place after the ISDF split.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com