• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Vista and BZ2 problems

Started by Dataanti, December 15, 2008, 03:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

My brother's computer does have issues with those keys too.  The keys I could tell were affected were the ~ and " keys.

My personal computer doesn't have any issues with input.  I'm thinking it is due to either a specific driver that is running or the version of windows.  My brother has Vista with Media Center.  I'm thinking either Media Center is the cause or the drivers/hardware for my brother's remote control for the computer, which he doesn't even have the controller for.

Dataanti

is your PC a laptop or desk top and is ur brothers a laptop?  i also have the " key, just noticed

Commando

Both my computer and my brother's computers are desktops.

Mine is a homebuilt system and my brother's is a Gateway.

Dataanti

wat does all our PC's having the problem have in common common?

GSH

Commando

Wow!  That is wrong, yet so funny at the same time.

Dataanti

i fixed my F10 problem by finding the hotkey and mine was for blue tooth adapter thing and now its gone, try to find hotkeys for `/ ~  and   '/ "

jack_soundcraft

man no wonder all my freinds are going to mac (this is an understatement in view of mac sales compared to pc recently in my area in aust)

Red Devil

"Well, it's better than Vista."

"True"

:lol:
What box???

Commando

The key issues Data has doesn't only happen on Vista.  I have seen someone using Windows XP Media Center Edition report the same issue.  He had to disable his remote control for media center to get bz2 to recognize those keys, if my memory is correct.

Dataanti

Quote from: Commando on January 12, 2009, 12:29:17 PM
The key issues Data has doesn't only happen on Vista.  I have seen someone using Windows XP Media Center Edition report the same issue.  He had to disable his remote control for media center to get bz2 to recognize those keys, if my memory is correct.

were is windows media center settings? <-- nvm that

were in windows media center settings do i find remote control for

Commando

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,5186.0.html

The above link can only be accessed by 1.3 beta testers but GSH may find it useful.  I'll post the pertinent info here.

RD, you were close. I got it working by unplugging the infrared remote for my PC remote for the Media Center remote control. After a reboot my keyboard now works in game (so far). So I'll have to see if just unplugging the infrared works everytime.

Thanks for the link. I have a wired keyboard and mouse but used the remote for TV viewing. I'll play around more but very happy to have my whole keyboard back for BZ2.

Again, thanks guys for all the help.

GSH

If something on the system (e.g. bluetooth & F10, remote & `) decides that it gets permanent dibs on a key, before BZ2 can read it, then there's a problem. Such apps need to go back to preschool/kindergarten and learn to share.

-- GSH

AHadley

I'm running XP Media Center, no problems with BZ2. Could be the remote, as I never had one.

GSH

BZ2 isn't the only game affected by this. The Fallout3 wiki has some more thoughts on this subject -- see http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_console_commands#Other_bugs . Maybe this'll help.

-- GSH