• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Keyboard Help!!

Started by Nick53, February 25, 2009, 05:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick53

Hi Guys, just wondering why on earth CTRL+` does not bring up the Console any more? The ` key works fine while typing as you can see  :-) also my + key won't zoom in in the F3 view or in the editor? This has just suddenly happened, all other keys seem fine and I haven't recently changed files/configs etc. Help would be much appreciated as this is very annoying!!  :?

Axeminister

Well what version are you playing? Are you using a new laptop? 
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nick53

Its Sandard Battlezone with all patches except 1.3. No FE, I've got that and 1.3 under seperate installs (I'll check them out for smae problem). Its on my HP desktop bout 2 years old, 1GB ram 256MB Graphics 2.16MHZ Pentium DualCore WinXP (SP1), been playing BZII for that long (2yrs) and it has just happened, overnight.

edit: Nah 1.3pb4 has same problem. As a note, = key and ` key don't work when entering player's name into duty roster. ` won't select navs or seperate units either. Did I hera someon say reinstall? I'll try it as a last ditch but prefer not to as don't really have time to find all the mods again!!

Nielk1

I am pretty sure 1.2 doesn't need 1.1, and I know 1.3 doesn't need 1.2 or 1.1 in first.

Click on the image...

Axeminister

Like neilk1 is suggesting a fresh install of any version of the patch is always recommended. And there is a way to reload your keyboard and mouse using bz2 options. Just go to options, then input, then click keyboard and load. But there are some programs out there that you can install that will take over a button. Do you have a new program that uses ` by default to operate? Like maybe for a new piece of hardware?
There is no knowledge that is not power.

GSH

As I posted in another thread, BZ2 isn't the only game affected by this. Try the advice mentioned at http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_console_commands#Other_bugs .

I've never had this problem, so I have no idea if these things fix it.

-- GSH

Zero Angel

Jeeze, you think the IR reciever would intercept more obscure key combos such as scrlock+alt+whatever
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nick53

Followed the link thanks. It was the IR Remote thingy, now unplugged and the keys work!!!  :-D :-D