• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

AIP files

Started by maart55, March 15, 2009, 12:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maart55

Hi ppl,

Im making an instant map. I have the terrain and textures and paths etc. But now im wondering where I can see which of the AIP files that are in your data-missions-instant folder are used in a particular game.
My guess was that it would probably be written down somewhere in the bzn file of your map.
I looked at the bzn file with Frhed and saw sth like aiProcess [1] = true.

But I'm really not sure if its indeed the bzn file where you can change which of the AIP files must be accessed.

So my question is: Where can i see which AIP files are accessed? When I know this Im able to change which AIP file must be accessed and my next question is then: How can I make this difficulty-setting dependent? (Dont want only 3 mortar bikes every 10 mins at insane:p).

My next step would be to make my own AIP or combine some of the standard ones, and should i put those then in the data-missions-instant folder where the other AIP files are? Or do i have to put it in the same map as the map? And if I would put this map onto internet I quess other ppl also need the made AIP file cause otherwise you would get some errors on unaccessable AIP files?

I hope someone knows an (the) answer(s),

maart55

Nielk1

Look at ini files. I think that like MP IA uses ini files for its maps. I could be wrong.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

In version 1.3pb4a, the aip file sets are controlled by autoreg files. these are found in addon/autoreg.

These determine the first aip. the dll then switches to others in that set throughout the game.

Nielk1

I think you might be able to set the default selected one, but I could be wrong. I know you can set the rec list to a txt instead of the autoregs, so perhaps you can force an alternate AIP list if you want it.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

AIPs are called by the dlls.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 15, 2009, 07:58:01 PM
AIPs are called by the dlls.

YES, they TECHNICALLY are.
The DLL gets it from the list if IT IS PROGRAMMED TO.

A dll can be made to work on the time of DAY if it wanted to.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

you can set and lock the aip's in the maps .inf file i think, same with race and recycler type for both player and CPU.

dont go messing about with the .bzn files. youll probably loose youre hard work.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

maart55

I looked a bit at the bzn files, after it I searched every folder in the bz2 folder and my theory is that in version 1.3 the game accesses the appropriate AIP files with the dll files. In the editor you can also set the type of the game by choosing instant.dll or mpi.dll (not the real names) at "path".
So my theory is as follows:
By choosing a dll file at the editor you state which type of a game it is and maybe even those dll files are accessing AIP files.
By choosing settings like easey, hard, srv etc the game accesses the appropriate dll files (all these settings have their own dll and i couldnt find autoregs with the same names). These dll files access the AIP files.

So I think that if you want to use an own made AIP file, you must make a dll file which is accessing your AIP file(s). Then you can make a new option from which u can choose when you start the game, or at path in the editor you fill in your own dll file.

Im not sure if the second step would work, but i think that if you modify the instant.dll file (orcourse you save that one on an new name) it should work. The only thing im not sure of is if the instant.dll file also accesses AIP files. If it doesnt your dll file must act as a new option (like very very and even more insane:p).

First I thought that I would need to make new dll files and AIP files for my map to work, but as far as I know now its enought (just for the map to work) to make the map and create the paths and choose the right dll at path. If you play the map then you can choose whatever difficulty settings you want and then the game (and not the map as i thought first) accesses the dll and thus the right AIP files. Cause everyone has the smame default set of dll and AIP files and if you make new ones your more modding than map making:p

ty for the answers:)

Nielk1

Map sets DLL strict.

In 1.3, the DLLs read the special inputs that contain alternate AIP names and alternate Recycler names, and use that in their work instead of a hard coded odf/aip files.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

in 1.3pb4a
the autoreg files contain, for example,
aip_standard.autoreg

[AIPList]
ODFName = "Standard"
Description = "Wug's Level 2 - Standard AIP"

[IAAIPList]
ODFName = "Standard"
Description = "Wug's Level 2 - Standard AIP"

This causes the standard aip to appear as an option in the aip list box. obviously a a set of aips must exist.
If you wish to overide the dll aip switching once the game has started
an aip entry like
planPriority = 255
planType = "SwitchAIP"
NextAIP = "LOS13_dd6.aip"
will work fine.