• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

mission 3 of Forgotten Enemies

Started by TopGun, February 24, 2009, 04:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Quote from: TopGun on February 26, 2009, 05:46:27 PM
If you guys have any other idea about what might be wrong I will still try it. But until then I will be playing the 1.2 version.

WE TOLD YOU EXACTLY WHAT WAS WRONG AND HOW TO FIX IT!

I hate ppl who do that *Scrap*!

Click on the image...

AHadley

Listen to me.

Now that's got your attention.

1)   If you don't have anything special or important on this install of BZ2, uninstall it.

2)   Delete the folder it was in to clear up any leftovers.

3)   Reinstall BZ2.

4)   Install the 1.3 PB3 patch.

5)   Install FE 1.3

6)  Should work now. Report back if it doesn't.

That's got that *Service Pods* cleared up.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: TopGun on February 26, 2009, 06:57:56 PM
Ok but whats to stop it from crashing on the next mission?

Because the next mission is probably not faulty. The only reason there is a problem is that there will be some file somewhere in that mission that is either corrupt, missing or out of date.

1.3 is so different to 1.2 that its new features are probably interfering with the mod which was originally made for 1.2. This is easy to fix and Red Devil is currently doing just that.

FE Pb3 is not completely stable because it wasn't ever finished. That being said, many of the missions work fine.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Again to reiterate, FE 1.3PB3 DOES NOT GO IN 1.3PB4a... *Fake BZ2like swear to annoy Steeveeo"

Click on the image...

TopGun

Ok I just did what you said and will try the 4th mission when I get the time and will let you guys know if it works.

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

TopGun

It did not work again and I played on mission 4. I uninstalled and got rid of all the copies of the BZ2 files that I made. And then reinstalled the game. Once that it was reinstalled I patched it with the download from this link.

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=2790

Then I made 3 copies of that BZ2 file with it patched and then downloaded the FE file. Now does the FE file have its own installer? If not than I have the write file. And then I extracted it with 7-Zip onto my desktop. Then I copy pasted the extracted FE files into one of the BZ2 copied files. Then I made a bzone.exe shortcut from that file and named the file on the hard drive and the shortcut this (Battlezone II_FE). then a friend gave me a target that I needed to assign the shortcut to. Once all that was done the game always launches. But right be for the game crashes with the error it gives me a error in the game about ordinance and then about 5 to 10 minutes later I get that error.

If I need to explain any specific part of what I did please post. But if you guys have any idea why this might still be happening please tell me what is wrong.

PWRWarTG

Nielk1

THE ERROR IS EXACTLY THIS:
The mod is called a class.
That class was renamed in PB4/a
Use PB3 for that mod >.<

Click on the image...

AHadley

Do exactly as I said in my last post, and do nothing else. Don't add bits where you think I missed some out, like install 1.2 before 1.3. And make sure it's PB[size=20]3[/size]

TopGun

I am sorry if I am being to much trouble. I can uninstall and re install it but I have no idea how to check the size. I have the 1.2 mod install and the 1.3.

AHadley

Sorry, that's tagging gone wrong. It's PB3, I just added size to make it more obvious. I got the tags wrong.

TopGun

Do I need the 1.3pb4a? Or do I need a different patch?

Nielk1

Quote from: TopGun on February 28, 2009, 10:47:16 AM
Do I need the 1.3pb4a? Or do I need a different patch?
PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3 PB3

the FE 1.3 mod is for PB3

PB4a is the latest to which newer mods will come out.

Click on the image...

AHadley

How many times did I say it? Three? Four?

bigbadbogie

We have all said it about 10 times each now.

PB3!!!!!!!!! (Pronounced Pee-Bee-Three.)
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com