• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Nickel and Diming their way out of the economic crisis

Started by IceWendigo, March 04, 2009, 09:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceWendigo

Be a little more vigilant these days, I think we might be about to experience an increase in some companies trying to squeeze a little extra cash from their customers with an array of small print surprizes, hidden fees, billing "mistakes", etc.

I heard a finance pundit (who predicted the Iceland collapse when everyone else thought it was a northern Tiger) warn about it but didnt think anything of it. Now I find 1and1 hosting with whom have had no problem so far pull an unwarrented fee that it transfered to a debt collection agency with debt collection fees as high as the initial fee itself. I will pay for this fraud like many other victims of 1and1's aberant practices because it would cost more in litigation fees, time and hassle to fight it than pay the small charge, my credit rating might be tarnished over this for the love of god, but it doesnt make sense because Ive now decided Im closing my account so they will loose 10 times more in the next few months than the racketerring fee they pulled. go figure.
UPDATE: I recommend checking out Web Hosting companies at the better business bureau (or local equivalent like Customer Protection Agency etc), some have horrible ratings and complaint history while others have satisfactory practices, you cant tell by the companies site itself or the review site(that post ads about the company the are reviewing) either. It turns out 1&1 is not accredited and has an F rating(worst) at the BBB(with hundreds of registered complaints), I should have checked it out before signing up, and I sure will check that before I get another host.

Anyway, an ounce of prevention/caution is worth a pound of cure
keep an eye open

TheJamsh

I went to buy a pair of drumsticks yesterday. I can usually get them for about £6:99 from my local shop, i ended up paying £10 for them, AFTER battering with the guy behind the counter!

Couldn't believe it. My bus fare to college went up by another 10p a few weeks ago as well... Extortion...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Nielk1

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Sharks always circle sinking ships..."The Adjustment" has only just started, forget about your credit rating, it was never more than a cheap trick to keep you paying and paying. Hang on in there and find some solid ground to hold.

IceWendigo

"about your credit rating, it was never more than a cheap trick to keep you paying and paying. "

Ive read on a another board someone saying they had a similar problem with 1&1 and that they did pay the NCO Financial debt collectors, but that they got a new second bill almost a year later (when they were no longer doing any business whatsoever with 1&1) with harassment to pay it, its no longer horrible costumer service its outright extortion! What kind of crap is this, if paying the extortion doesnt get the hassle over with, Im reconsidering paying myself. I think I will register a complaint with the BBB, CPA and if need be with the Attorney General of Pensylvania.