• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ya gotta commend evolutionists

Started by cheesepuffly, February 06, 2009, 12:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Which is also never going to happen.

Both sides are fanatically convinced that they are correct... and always will be.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Angstromicus

It's obviously too late for some people. Closed-minded religions like christianity have scared people into believing that their religion is the only possible, and only divine religion in existence. It's too late for them, I can only hope for a reincarnation where they are subject to a more open minded religion or philosophy, because therein lies true freedom, and therein lies salvation.

Feared_1

I'm a Christian and I don't consider myself to be "close-minded" (and "too late" sounds bad).

This is just one of those things that will go on and on and on and will never stop. It's like the 1.2-1.3 battle, only it's tighter and even more defensive, as difficult as it is to imagine.

The only thing conversations like this bring us is insults and offenses. Nothing less.

bigbadbogie

And viewpoints.

Quote from: Feared_1 on February 14, 2009, 11:43:29 PM
This is just one of those things that will go on and on and on and will never stop. It's like the 1.2-1.3 battle, only it's tighter and even more defensive, as difficult as it is to imagine.

Yeah. I think it may be a little older too.  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Angstromicus on February 14, 2009, 09:50:00 PM
that their religion is the only possible, and only divine religion in existence.

There can only be one correct religion, so shouldnt you be like that?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

mrtwosheds

When there is an overwhelming abundance of evidence that your Religion is not actually correct at all, such behaviour could only be described as willful ignorance. A "sin" in my opinion.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: bigbadbogie on February 15, 2009, 12:52:47 AM
And viewpoints.

Yeah. I think it may be a little older too.  :-P

Sadly i think most people would see 1.2 as creationism, and 1.3 as evolution...
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Axeminister

Look at all the avatars and tell me we're part of an "evolution". Maybe at one time, but now we're de-evolutioning. lol
There is no knowledge that is not power.

cheesepuffly

Talking about mine right?

Lawlsauce
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Arbystrider

Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: cheesepuffly on February 06, 2009, 12:38:39 PM

Plus evolutionists work with bigger numbers XD.

depends, does god is infinite count as a number?

cheesepuffly

Quote from: sabrebattletank on March 12, 2009, 08:19:35 PM
depends, does god is infinite count as a number?

Talking about dates.

Maybe, but hes not a number, he has infinite power.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

sabrebattletank

Quote from: cheesepuffly on March 15, 2009, 04:57:00 PM
Talking about dates.

Maybe, but hes not a number, he has infinite power.

Actually, that's an interesting point -- In the old Christian/Greek thought world, God was "perfect" and therefore DID have infinite power. All-powerful, all-knowing, omniscient. However, modern Catholicism at least acknowledges that there are troubles with an omniscient, all-powerful, and just God.

What modern theology (Karl Raner) says is that essentially we don't like to think in terms of vague, up-in-the-clouds ideas anymore like the Greeks did, so let's rethink how we look at God and Christ using our down-to-earth, interpersonal terms.