• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Some issues for debate (UPDATED)

Started by cheesepuffly, March 14, 2009, 12:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

One thing I hate...

Scholarships..
1 for a woman... ok
1 for a minority... ok
1 for ANYONE... wait what?

So they are saying that I have about 1/100th the chance as a minority or a woman, and a minority woman has approx a 9/10 chance? WTF

Also, reverse racism... Now-a-days to be white is to be scum of the Earth. I could be attacked by someone of some minority out of the blue for no reason, and be blamed for my own attack for racism... Illegal Alien is apparently a racist term, which it isn't, its a legal status. "Black Power" is a call for freedom while "White Power" is the chant of the KKK (not to forget the similar situations of the use of the phrase, but in the reverse, when said against white people, no one cares).

I hate this garbage... Anyone else have issues with this?

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Quote from: Nielk1 on March 28, 2009, 12:24:45 PMAnyone else have issues with this?

Yes.  As do my friends (which of whom are primarily black and spanish, as is much of my family, which is odd since I am near pure scottish/white).  It is just a system to make idiots feel better, it does not help anything, but it hurts a great deal.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Red Devil

Shhhhhhaaammmme on you for getting all, all....uppity.  Don't you know you're an oppressor and need to pay it back to all the oppressed peoples?  Besides, they deserve it and so are entitled to it, so you should not expect to be treated fairly.

Some people....   :roll:
What box???

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Nielk1 on March 28, 2009, 12:24:45 PM
I hate this garbage... Anyone else have issues with this?

Yes. I do.

bigbadbogie

So much for equality.

QuoteAlso, reverse racism... Now-a-days to be white is to be scum of the Earth

That is not 'reverse racism', it is just racism.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

I say reverse because they accuse you of it, when you dont. Their acusation is the act I am naming.

I remember when I was asked "Hilary or Obama" and I said "Neither" I was called both a sexist AND a racist.

EDIT: BBB, that sig as a link... I HATE THAT. Its darn big and I end up clicking it with middle mouse button while I scroll...

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Ya sexist racist...  Just proves they were voting by either race or gender.  We're surrounded by turkeys, aren't we?

Yes, please reduce the size of that thing, please.
What box???

Darkplanet01

Quote from: cheesepuffly on March 14, 2009, 12:04:42 PM
This is one of the few places that i post where people actually can take things seriously, so id like your opinion on a few things. Just lemme know which one your responding to, you dont have to do all of them.

K ready?

1. Crime: In my opinion, we should up the punishment for crime, then there would be less of it. Like say get the death penalty a bit easier. If your intent was to kill, then you get it no matter what degree.  (not saying that specifically though). Or double the time in jail for various offenses.

2. Animal Treatment: This kind of goes along with top one, but in my opinion, even if you dont do it with other crimes, you should atleast up the punishment for Domestic Animal Cruelty. The thing is, although animals are not nearly as important as humans, they still feel the pain a human does. And for the most part, i think the animal has it worse than a human when someone is doing something to it. The human understands whats going on, the animal does not.

3. Beginning of the Universe: I cant remember who it was who said in the evolution thread that evolution was a proven fact (im not trying to pick you out or say your wrong or anything) and i said you shouldnt call it a fact.  Id like to bring that up again. 

This goes for BOTH ways the universe came into be and the people who believe it, evolutionist or creationist. No one should call these facts. Why? Because not everyone agrees with it. Sure saying some ultimate being who can do anything created the universe in 6 days including us and there is a single book that answers all the worlds problems is a bit far fetched, but so is saying our complex life forms came from a single cell by chance, and before that the whole universe was smaller than a needle head and exploded in less than a second into what we know today.   All im saying is, people should not call either versions a fact. Gravity is a fact. We revolve around the sun, thats a fact. Cheese is awesome, thats a fact. Its something for the most part everyone can agree too. Evolutionists can find proof of their version and Creationists can find proof of their version. Dont call either side a fact. THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DEBATE it.

I have decided to expand the issues, feel free to send me a PM for a request.

4. Gay Marriage: Whats your opinion on this subject? My opinion, they love each other like if not more than most Straight Couples, and atleast in the U.S. one of the main things is the Pursuit of Happiness and it does not really hurt anyone so i believe it should be allowed

5. Putting Humans Down: Cant think of any other way to say it (unrelated to animals). Injecting them with drugs to bring about their death, on the basis that they are in unbearable uncureable pain.
My opinion is also on this, yes. True, its kind of like suicide but let us say in the foreseeable future, there is no way to help that person. And every moment of their life would be in pain. And there is nothing they could do about it. IF that is true then i think you should be able to do that. BUT you must kind of work for it. As in like, get your family approval and a good amount of people whom inspect your case's approval. Those people being doctors of course.   

Hmmm...
1) Careful about increasing the punishment for crime. The punishment should be increased, I think, but not too much. I'm too tired to go into more detail.
2) Animal treatment... yes, I think we should be treating animals better. And yes, they are far less important than humans, though we should still be nice to them.
3) Evolution is indeed not a fact. It isn't even close. Genetics shows this. Those that claim genetics doesn't make sense until you think of it from an evolutionary perspective, how wrong you are. www.creation.com shows repeatedly again and again the way evolution fail to live up to standards.
4) Gay marriage. Aside from the fact that it is not in line with what the Bible says, remember that people aren't actually born gay. It is a state of mind that can result from any number of things. But why is homosexuality so bad? Consider the following:

Homosexuals commit between 33% and 50% of all recorded instances of child molestation.
Homosexual teachers have been involved in 80% of recorded teacher-pupil sexual interactions.
Homosexuals have accounted for about half of all molestations among those who work with children.
You are 15 times more likely to be murdered by a homosexual than a heterosexual during a sexual murder spree.
Most victims of sex murders die at the hands of a homosexual.

Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone hmm? (That sounds meaner than I intended, sorry.) Now, I'm not anti-homosexual. I'm anti-homosexuality. I'm against what they do, not what they are.

5) That's called euthanasia, or something like that. It is like suicide. People have indeed made miraculous recoveries in the past, and so I don't think it would be fair to put someone down. Our lives aren't our own to take. And others' lives aren't ours to take either.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

sabrebattletank

1: A. I know that for drug-dealing related crimes, that strategy hasn't worked. Period.

Red Devil

The ancient Greeks performed vivisection on condemned criminals.  How else do you think they were able to carve all those life-like statues?
What box???