• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Bz Servers - redux

Started by OvermindDL1, March 21, 2009, 02:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bort

So, basically, it has to do with transfer rate which has to do with each players connection and the rate they are sharing and transferring between each other? Is that what you're saying? I can agree with that.

That's not something that's capable of being controlled. Damn dial up! :P

It is controllable, in that the execution code needs to be separated from rendering code.  The speed of rendering (FPS) should be whatever the computer can support, while the speed of executing (CPU cycles) should be locked to a setting that ALL computers playing can support.

Not since the days of DOOM 2 have I played a game where execution speed increased or decreased based on some aspect of the computers power.  I mean, it's one thing to have people lag behind if their computer can't handle the game, but another for some to get a boost from a faster computer.  I thought that was a thing of the past...

-Av-