• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Why would I UV map a BZII HP?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, March 18, 2009, 05:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

When I apply a UV map to my entire model it also maps the HP's too from what I can see in the UV map editor of TS. If the HP's don't need mapping should I not select them for mapping? Someone mentioned that texture mapping an HP will like crash the game? If that's the case then should I just UV map those parts that I want to skin? Should each part be mapped individually or as groups of objects? Sorry to sound so lame, but I'd really like to get things right as far as texturing in concerned.  PS: I can click an option to hide objects in the hierarchy would this prevent them from getting UV mapped as well? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

HPs are hidden during the game so there is no point whatsoever in UV mapping them.

And no... it wont crash the game.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

hp's do not need to be uv mapped.
If they are it will not crash the game, the hp_ part of the frame name hides the polygon in bz2 just like __h on the end does too.
In lithunwrap I "collapse" the UV mapping on hp's, No Idea what terminology TS uses.

OvermindDL1

When XSI's are imported into BZ2, any frame that starts with the name of "hp_" (case insensitive I think) then has its FrameTransformMatrix read in, then the entire rest of the section, mesh, materials, vertexcolors, normals, everything, is skipped, not even read in.  Hence you can do basically anything you want to HP's, just make sure that the object that makes up the HP, that the object center is where you want the HP to be, and not at world center.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

In things I have bane faces tapped onto the face is hp_tap_1 so if you look at it in a viewer, it looks as if the face is there, but in game the tap actually adds it. Confused the heck out of GH for a bit there.

Click on the image...