• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FE Playing up

Started by Darkplanet01, March 25, 2009, 12:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkplanet01

Okay I've had this problem for ages now but I only now decided to ask about it on the forums. Forgotten Enemies plays really bad on my computer which should easily be able to handle it. It freezes all the time, sometimes so bad that I can't get through a level even when saving it often. It has especially done this on the first mission after choosing to stay with the EDF, Two Minute Warning. Is there any way to fix this.
(BTW, I've tried reinstalling. Doesn't work. And as I said, my computer should easily be able to handle it.)
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

bigbadbogie

Which patch version? What type of freeze?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Spawn

Do you have the latest drivers from nvidia?
Did you read this thread? http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,7699.0.html

Darkplanet01

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 25, 2009, 12:40:44 AM
Which patch version? What type of freeze?
Patch version 1.2.
Just a freeze. The game locks up, and I must ctrl+alt+delete. But though task manager shows up (inconveniently over the BZII game) I can't press anything and so must restart the computer - that's on XP. On our Windows Vista ctrl+alt+delete automatically takes me to a screen where I can log off, start task manager and other stuff (vista users should be familier with that.

Quote from: Spawn on March 25, 2009, 07:43:37 AM
Do you have the latest drivers from nvidia?
Did you read this thread? http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,7699.0.html
I'm not sure about the 'latest drivers', but the problem that is on that thread is not the problem I'm experiencing. I actually have experienced that problem in the past (on one of our XP pc's) but a graphic driver change fixed it.

Spawn

Can you post the end of battlezone.log?

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Spawn on March 26, 2009, 06:20:17 AM
Can you post the end of battlezone.log?

Just after you have frozen that is... without opening the game again.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Spawn

Saving often is actually detrimental, especially on some of the bigger maps.
Now, if you actually posted useful information about your system, like your multi core processor, the I could inform you that you would need to set bz2 to have an affinity to one of the cores.
But you didn't give us any useful information, so your problem must be termites in your hard drive, so I suggest you call the the terminx man.

Darkplanet01

Quote from: Spawn on March 26, 2009, 03:32:40 PM
Saving often is actually detrimental, especially on some of the bigger maps.
Now, if you actually posted useful information about your system, like your multi core processor, the I could inform you that you would need to set bz2 to have an affinity to one of the cores.
But you didn't give us any useful information, so your problem must be termites in your hard drive, so I suggest you call the the terminx man.
Meh... I know very little about computers, and I don't know what my multi core processor is.
Hmm... termites huh? :lol:

Spawn

Yes, termites.  They are quite scary :P

But I was trying to point out that the more information you can provide about your system the easier it would be to locate the problem.  Currently you have given no clues so termites are as reasonable explanation to a windows computer freezing as anything else.

As to you saving often, please read this: http://fewalkthru.sequoyahcomputer.com/ You may need to scroll down to Problems with Saved Games.

Darkplanet01

Quote from: Spawn on March 26, 2009, 06:34:01 PM
Yes, termites.  They are quite scary :P

But I was trying to point out that the more information you can provide about your system the easier it would be to locate the problem.  Currently you have given no clues so termites are as reasonable explanation to a windows computer freezing as anything else.

As to you saving often, please read this: http://fewalkthru.sequoyahcomputer.com/ You may need to scroll down to Problems with Saved Games.
Yes, yes, I've seen that. If I recall correctly, it says to have as few saved games as possible. I only ever have one saved game when playing through single player in Forgotten Enemies. Anyway, thank you for your help (or attempt at so with the lack of information I've given you).

Spawn

That was a subtle clue to give more information...

hybirdisdf

Quote from: Darkplanet01 on March 26, 2009, 05:30:17 AM
Patch version 1.2.
Just a freeze. The game locks up, and I must ctrl+alt+delete. But though task manager shows up (inconveniently over the BZII game) I can't press anything and so must restart the computer - that's on XP. On our Windows Vista ctrl+alt+delete automatically takes me to a screen where I can log off, start task manager and other stuff (vista users should be familier with that.
I'm not sure about the 'latest drivers', but the problem that is on that thread is not the problem I'm experiencing. I actually have experienced that problem in the past (on one of our XP pc's) but a graphic driver change fixed it.

Are you using hybird win xp 32 and vista 64?

DraconX3

Is there any chance on getting an updated link to DL the 1.3 compatible FE? THe current link doesnt work for Filefront.... also, does it happen to also carry over for the new 1.4 tbp?

AHadley

There is no 1.4, do you mean 1.3 TA5 or PB4a?,

DraconX3

Yeah thats what I ment, the newest patch for BZ2, 1.3 TA5  or like, whatever.