• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Video Bump + new uploaded [Serenesis]

Started by TheJamsh, March 28, 2009, 06:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

These are a bit out of date now, but thought id bump them for the hell of it. Check out the gallery while youre there. The third video is the most recent.

First video (really old base effects, more toys than anything else)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoKj9WRqA6k&feature=channel_page

Second video (early effects bases, nothing finalized)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzxSS4gUrY4&feature=channel_page

Third video (recent effects work, not finalized, still WIP)
http://www.mediafire.com/?tgxj04mgzkm

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

player5

Looks great! Explosions fit well.

So how is the mod coming along? (And what is it? Is it an effects/graphics update?)

TheJamsh

no its a full mod, go over to bz2md to check it out.

these were taken about 9-10 months ago, so they are pretty old now, things look much better.

Red Spot

Very impressive. Had a look earlier today but didnt know there was more over at BZ2MD.
linky: http://www.bz2md.com/smf/index.php?board=63.0
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

yeh im pleased with it so far. progress is slow but what can you expect, ive got plenty of other things in life to be doing as well.

i hope theres enough people around to play it in a few years. ive worked hard on the storyline in particular.

Red Spot

Are you going to release say an FX-package any time, or it will be a full mod and nothing less ?

What I've seen so far in effects would be awesome to have as a sort of user-tweakable addon for the vanilla/pb-game *hint* ;)

Nielk1

Quote from: Red Spot on April 04, 2009, 01:16:09 PM
Are you going to release say an FX-package any time, or it will be a full mod and nothing less ?

What I've seen so far in effects would be awesome to have as a sort of user-tweakable addon for the vanilla/pb-game *hint* ;)

Except what he is doing requires more than a new texture and thus bad assets would occur.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Not making an FX pack. sorry. too much hard work, and as NK1 says, it will need assets from my mod to look anything liek that and people without it will get bad assets.

Its a full mod, nothing less.

TheJamsh

just uploaded a third one i took tonight. havent worked on it in a while.

i know the assault versions smoke isnt very nice, that still needs work. maybe the combat version could do with bigger smoke textures in the smokey ember type particles. you can get sound in this one too.

sorry its download only, and even thats not brilliant quality. i had to cut it to get it to show at a semi-decent rate. got too agro with youtube taking forever.

TheJamsh

i see 6 people have downloaded it but ive got no feedback.

what did you think?

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Spot

Very nice :)
I'm not fond of 1-hit-kill weapons, but I like the look ..

Quote from: TheJamsh on April 04, 2009, 04:46:08 PM
Not making an FX pack. sorry. too much hard work, and as NK1 says, it will need assets from my mod to look anything liek that and people without it will get bad assets.

Its a full mod, nothing less.

No biggie. Still gona keep an eye pointed in this direction, I like the feel of it. Perhaps it should at some parts be tuned down a bit for MP-reasons, but nevertheless I will give it a go when it will be released. Just dont get burned out on making it ;)

TheJamsh

not designed to be a 1-hit one kill, but is pretty tough. that weapon might only be around in the SP campaign and certain MP variants...

tuning things down for MP will add a heck of a lot onto the DL size, seeing as theres a few hundred weapons in it...