• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Game Music From CD in singleplayer

Started by player5, March 28, 2009, 11:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

The pause between tracks was one major reason. The other was determining which of several CD drives the BZ2 CD is in to play music from. When BZ2 shipped, having only 1 CD/DVD drive was common. Now, multiple drives are common. It's easier to try opening some .ogg files and playing them.

-- GSH

sabrebattletank

Oh, I remember back in 1.3pb1 (or was it 2? 3? probably 1 or 2) when that feature was impllemented...

Sigh, O! The Good ol' days...

AHadley

With regards to the CD tracks as .ogg file thing, is there any way we can get the game to read more than 11 audio tracks and say play the music from BZ1, BZ2, TRO, Recoil and HL2 in the same engine, or will we have to use winamp or something in the background? Useful research for my mod :)

Nielk1

The missions specifically call on track #s. Have you tried making an OGG numbered 99 and having a mission call track 99?

Click on the image...

AHadley

No, I haven't, cause GoldWave is buggering about. Once I've fixed it, I'll see.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

AHadley

Well, if it does work, you'll have lots more nice music to listen to in PF! :D

player5

Also, I've remembered that I ripped tracks 2-11.

There is no cdaudiotrack1. Did I miss something? The cdaudio track 2 is the music for the first mission anyway, so seems alright. The 11th track is silent.

Are there supposed to be 10 tracks in all? 

VSMIT

Track 1 is a data track.  Hence you can't rip it.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

GSH

Sounds right. Track 1 is the data track on the CD-- the installer and the data it installs are in there. And, the last track is silent for some reason probably related to long discs and copy protection. Don't know/remember all the details, but that's how it was for me when I ripped my CDs to .ogg to test the system.

--  GSH

AHadley

Is it possible to modify a .TRN to call up three random .ogg tracks?

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Can I call more than 3 tracks, and can I set the tracks I have called in a random order, as though shuffled?

TheJamsh

you can call as many tracks as you like i believe.

i was working on a .cfg media player until i found there were no variables for it... shame.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

No, you can't shuffle tracks. They only play in the order predefined in the maps .trn file.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com