• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I've always wondered....

Started by CivBase, March 28, 2009, 02:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

Ever since I first played Battlezone 2, I've wondered why were the doors to the gun towers placed facing the direction that the guns are facing?  Doesn't that mean that using the guns forces you to present yourself to the enemy?  I know they spin and all... but still, I could never shake the question.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Spawn

The ai can aim better then you so entering the gt is ill advised.

TheJamsh

lol, but if you felt 'compelled' spawn.

BBB pretty much has it. bad planning. it never used to be a problem because the towers used to start spinning as soon as they were built. they stopped doing it in later builds

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Spawn

Well, I only ever entered a gt to escape a tug...or to spawnkill teammates.
But in the end we still won those games, although I have no idea how :D

Feared_1

Quote from: Spawn on March 28, 2009, 08:22:45 PM
Well, I only ever entered a gt to escape a tug...or to spawnkill teammates.
But in the end we still won those games, although I have no idea how :D

When you're low on scrap with no ship, your entire team is away from the base and a bomber is at your front door?

I would get in the gun tower :P

AHadley

Quote from: TheJamsh on March 28, 2009, 04:12:52 PM
it never used to be a problem because the towers used to start spinning as soon as they were built. they stopped doing it in later builds

What the heck does this mean?  The body of the GT never spun, only the turret section.

Like many things in a Base, orientation depends on the Commander laying things out.  He can turn the GT so the doorway is shielded and/or covered by other defenses.

When you're 'in' a GT you have no body, and aren't in any danger of being blown up or sniped until the GT is destroyed.

A human in a GT can lay down area fire, isn't distracted by an enemy they can't reach, can't be sniped and WILL target that pesky player hiding in your buildings.  Not as effective as being in a Tank, but sometimes there aren't any tanks...

Hopping in/out of a GT will recharge your backpack.

Coffee...

-Av-

Nielk1

In later BZ2s GT turrets don't spin free till they get a nudge from a person starting them or a target. It means nothing.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Quote from: Avatar on March 29, 2009, 05:45:17 AM
What the heck does this mean?  The body of the GT never spun, only the turret section.

i meant the turret section would start rotating and watching for enemies in 1.2 without being attacked first. for some reason in later builds, the turrets only started rotating when they were shot at first, or you go in and out of the terminal.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on March 30, 2009, 07:40:25 AM
i meant the turret section would start rotating and watching for enemies in 1.2 without being attacked first. for some reason in later builds, the turrets only started rotating when they were shot at first, or you go in and out of the terminal.

No, they start when any enemy is in range.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

ooooh, i always thought they used to do it anyway...

ah no wait, its pilots they dont attack unless attacked first. dead annoying in terms of APC's...

AHadley

Make the APCs use the Hawk Speeder from FE  8-)

TheJamsh

since when was that called the Hawk Speeder? i thought it was just speeder?

news to me...