• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

something I forgot about and rediscovered in FE and WINE thinking it a bug

Started by sabrebattletank, March 30, 2009, 02:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

I've noticed an odd "feature" of running FE Rev. C in WINE, Ubuntu 8.10. The only graphical oddity in my BZ2 WINE experience happens thusly: when I enter the RTS view in the Relay Bunker, all of the enemy craft (Hadeans are the only ones I've tried to look at) show up as transparent red boxes. I'll get a screenshot up soon.

I will also play around and see if I can replicate this behavior in other races and in stock.

Good talk son.

bigbadbogie

Lol. You have never noticed that before?

That is part of the game... not a bug. Units that are just beyond the range of the comm bunker will show up like that.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

LMAO

Its NORMAL!

EDIT:
I forget if it is out of bunker range but in other range that does that, or if they have a low visual signature. Likely the former.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I've never noticed that before! Mind you, I either play an entire game in the bunker or I don't set foot in it at all...

bigbadbogie

Maybe its just in 1.2.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

sabrebattletank

I thought that units beyond the range of the bunker showed up like that unless you had a unit within visual range. Am I making that up? Its been about a year since I played bz2 last, before I started again last week :p

AHadley

It's like the Fog of War on most RTS games. Speaking of which, maybe it should be made visible on the radar and map like other games.

TheJamsh

nah that would be too much of a change.

and that means you're carrier up in the sky isn't doing an awful lot if its not bothered to take a snapshot of the area first before sending a recycler down! could land in a fiery pit of doom...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I don't mean make it completely black, maybe just darken the area outside radar range.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.