• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mystery AI and Lore question

Started by Vid, March 31, 2009, 07:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Very astute and to the point, BBB.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

The Scions escaped from Braddock during the events of TRO (Avatar has not given out the beautify written details about this yet). I say that knowing most consider Avatar and authority, much as I do.

Is there not just the chance the Scions live a darn long time?

I blame the Scion deaths on either a fallacy in Braddock's procedure of a fail safe he built in. The Scions however, find Core, a terraformed biometaloid, which can filter and cleanse their biometal forms (as in my theories this is what the Core form does to the Biometaloid itself). Theoretically, Furies might not exist on Core if this effect is automatic from just living there. It depends...

I got some opinions from Avatar about Core and found he thought the same on key aspects as I did, so I wrote a story about it on my wiki (it should be noted unlike 'official' wikis, my Wiki is more holder for original research).

http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Core_Project
The end is a big vague, I will fix that some time.

EDIT: This was written well before the above and might need some tweaks: http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scion_dialysis

Click on the image...

Axeminister

A male and a female Scion get recycled by their Forge then make love inside the computer and the one million eggs that get launched into her become born as fully grown Scions once the Forge reforms them, just as in the Single player mission Transformation.
Boy the humans sure waste a lot of semen.
lol

AHadley

Quote from: Axeminister on April 03, 2009, 09:50:46 AM
A male and a female Scion get recycled by their Forge then make love inside the computer and the one million eggs that get launched into her become born as fully grown Scions once the Forge reforms them, just as in the Single player mission Transformation.
Boy the humans sure waste a lot of semen.
lol

...OK, if you say so...

If all Scion women look like Shabby...  well...  there'd be a population explosion.   :)

And yes, I'd say infusion with biometal greatly extends your lifespan, but as far as proof goes don't forget that Braddock and Burns were both there at the end of the first biometal war... as evidenced by Burns being one of Braddock's test subjects.   I mean, it's not like he's a hundred years old or anything.  Braddock is old, but not so old that you're wondering why he's still alive, or attributing it to biometal...

No, the whole thing could only have taken 20 or so years, if the key players were anywhere around 20 at the time of BZ1.  Remember also that most of the time our Military forces are very young, especially the front line soldiers.  So, figure Burns a 20-ish Lieutenant in the BDogs and Braddock a young Scientist working under Arkin...  Now throw in another 20 years with the Scions left pretty much alone and you'd very probably have a whole new generation of Scions born naturally.

I think that these 'Scions thru and thru' were those that had never known Earth, and didn't consider themselves humans at all.  They weren't even so much rebels as just normal, teenage and young adults, asserting themselves for the first time much as their human counterparts were doing in college back on Earth.

:)

-Av-

TheJamsh

nice logo Ahadley.

anywhoo, back on topic.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Vid

Quote from: Avatar on April 03, 2009, 12:24:23 PM
If all Scion women look like Shabby...  well...  there'd be a population explosion.   :)

-Av-

Never knew there were any pictures of shabby, or is it just implied?

And I understand the logic now, just wondered if it was still possible for them to reproduce after being fused with biometal, and if the biometal would inherit into the young ones, or if they had to fuse the young ones after they were born, or whatever they did.  BZ2 seems to leave questions unanswered.

Nielk1

We have head shots:

Shabayev

Manson

Kossieh

Cooke

Burns

Braddock

Actually, I think there are some body shots in the BZ2 Demo.

Click on the image...

Axeminister

AHadley

That's odd, I only ever saw the last one when I was playing. I presume they are random?

Pity there are no pictures of a Scion on there.

OT: Thanks, TJ... it's amazing what you can do with MS Publisher and five minutes  :-P

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Warfreak

The prototype for the Hearing Aid :P

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Feared_1

He looks scarier than I imagined. Maybe it's the dead-looking zombie eyes and creepy hearing aid/headphone system probably intertwined into his brain through his ear.

Lovely.