• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Oh, yeah... hooked on Anime discussion.

Started by Avatar, April 05, 2009, 07:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: cheesepuffly on April 09, 2009, 08:33:30 PM
Well, for one thing, i know gundam, not sure about martian but they both, as with most, feature HUMAN like robots. Zoids offered animals. Which are superior to humans anyway.
While I disagree with that, you obviously have not seen Gundam Seed. There are several mobile suits based off animal forms instead of human forms.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

cheesepuffly

Several, but i assume they were not the main feature right?

Besides, another thing i liked was atleast in Zoids New Century, there really were no magical mystical junk other than that the Liger Zero could pilot itself but meh.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

That's not so strange in Anime, as they seem to believe there IS a ghost in the shell...  :)  for example Big O is alive, apparently, or at least sentient enough to do some things on it's own. 

I don't find that at all strange in an ultra-advanced futuristic mechanoid marvel like some of these Anime feature.  I think in the future it'll be odd if your vehicle doesn't have some autonomic-type reactions at times.  Imagine piloting something that dodges for you intelligently, so you still have control but don't get hit by too many weapons for your human mind to avoid...

I confess I find it odd that so many Mechs are humanoid...  bulldozers don't look like giant humans with giant shovels, tanks don't look like giant humans with giant rifles, and I'm a firm believer in form following function.  The only advantage to using the human form in a mechanoid is to allow it to use human devices, or to otherwise duplicate an action the way a human would.   So I can see humanoid robots but am baffled by the giant versions fighting on the battlefield. 

But then I'm not Japanese.  Probably seems perfectly logical to them, and it will to us when their army of Gundams rolls over the globe in 2015...   :)

-Av-

Sonic

Zaft in Gundam Seed Destiny used non-humanoid mobile suits when a humanoid mobile suit did not fit the job correctly, such as fighting on desert terrain. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJphRMAMbJs&feature=related
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

cheesepuffly

Oh and, the Zoid units were rendered in 3d which made it kinda cool. Was there a Gundam series with that?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

sabrebattletank

Nielk1

Quote from: cheesepuffly on April 11, 2009, 06:40:09 AM
Oh and, the Zoid units were rendered in 3d which made it kinda cool. Was there a Gundam series with that?

Anything modern is computer assisted at least.

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

assisted but gundams still looked drawn (not that theres anything wrong with that)
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Quote from: cheesepuffly on April 11, 2009, 02:14:41 PM
assisted but gundams still looked drawn (not that theres anything wrong with that)

So did the Zoids 99% of the time to me, Chaotic Century and the one w/ Liger Zero.

EDIT: For Gundum, here you can kinda see the 3D:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x48wic_gundam00-17-gundamthrone-gnmegalaun_shortfilms
They have gotten MUCH better at hiding it.

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

Liger zero was New Century i think.

But er no, the zoids themselves were the only things that were in 3d

the battlefields, weapon effects, and people were not in 3d.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Quote from: cheesepuffly on April 11, 2009, 05:43:40 PM
But er no, the zoids themselves were the only things that were in 3d

the battlefields, weapon effects, and people were not in 3d.

I was NEVER confused about that. There is no need to point that out. That does not change what I said. :-P

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!