• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Player problem

Started by VSMIT, April 13, 2009, 12:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Red Spot on April 14, 2009, 12:02:24 AM
its easilly added to GamePrefs.ini (though I'm not sure if it really works as I banned 'Zachary' from my games and he was able to join last saturday, or he had a change of IP-adress)

Or it was someone else with the same name.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

Yeah, that's more likely.  There are probably a bunch of players that go by Zachary.  Only one VSMIT, though.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Spot

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 14, 2009, 12:41:22 AM
Hope you added it to 'localprefs'

BanIP2 = "24.31.***.**/32"  // Zachary, joins but never plays. May need to adjust the netmask to 24 bits.

Quote from: bigbadbogie on April 14, 2009, 12:51:13 AM
Or it was someone else with the same name.

Could be. I've been online quite some time the last months and I only ever see 1 Zachary though. But enlight of this copycat and the fact that ol' zach didnt use a Capital "Z" it could be the same copycat ... just more reason to get his IP. On the other hand if he joins my game using that nick it wont take me more than 5-ish seconds to type '/ban zachary' :D
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

VSMIT... i love youre avatar. been sat here for ages reading it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Yeah, same, and the one on BZ2MD. Downloaded it actually... might use it somewhere  :-P

VSMIT

Which ones?  I've got two that are really good.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

The one with all the statements... about silly things.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Spot

Noticed this yesterday:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4351/bustedf.jpg

Now I cant get M3 to answer me when asking if he hosts 2 different games from 2 different PCs, but I'm than again also afraid I asked the copycat as I dont know who the real M3 is ....

Anyway, I think one of the 2 IPs is from our copycat:
-79.229.23.156 (I think this is the real M3)
-65.184.116.234 (I think this is the copycat)

Please dont block these IPs just yet, just make a note of them and if someone joins using a nick where you dont trust its the real deal just use the command /iplist (if you are the server) to double check. If you find out which of the 2 is the real copycat please let us know.

Nielk1

Its more likely one was a ghost game, or he ran 2 servers, or he left it open at one house and went to another. Or two people just like the name.

Only way to think something is up is to actually encounter the impostor (if he or she really is one).

Click on the image...

Red Spot

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 17, 2009, 09:45:43 AM
Its more likely one was a ghost game, or he ran 2 servers, or he left it open at one house and went to another. Or two people just like the name.

Only way to think something is up is to actually encounter the impostor (if he or she really is one).

I thinks it more likelly the case, as I already mentioned, that I asked the wrong M3.
http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/lol.jpg

edit: also see the name of the server 2 below the one selected, thats the other M3.

AHadley

Whoever this impostor is, he's not very clever, wandering around when the real M3 is both at his computer and playing BZ2.

Feared_1

Batt's talked to me earlier and said that someone has been using HIS name. Maybe our culprit isn't really Batt's?

VSMIT

I've seen Batt's in 1.0 games.  I think the imposter's "normal" name is sage.  When he takes people's names, he doesn't really use punctuation or capitalization, which is almost a sure-fire way of knowing that it's not the real person.

VSMIT.

Red Spot

Quote from: VSMIT on April 14, 2009, 02:49:31 PM
Which ones?  I've got two that are really good.

sorry, oftopic again ...
Couldn't help look this up as I was somewhat confused about it when seeing your avatar:
QuoteMany people are surprised to learn that finding a word in the dictionary doesn't automatically mean that word is widely accepted by society. You'll find the words thru (t-h-r-u), irregardless, and ain't in many dictionaries, but that doesn't mean you should use them in your cover letters. It just means they are in wide enough use that dictionary makers believe the words must be acknowledged and defined.
So it seems it is correct to use it as substitute for 'through', but it simply ain't really accepted by the general public.
Your avatars are good for my English :)

VSMIT

I'm glad that it was useful to someone.  That makes me a little bit happier.

VSMIT.