• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Forgotten Enemies (BZ2CP): Full Installer Released!

Started by Sonic, November 24, 2003, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

DeadScion, could you please give me the filename of the map.  The Rev.C patch only add/updated 5 maps, while the Full Installer should have the most recent maps including VnB updates.

If You can give me a list of maps (File Names Please), I can add these maps to the Rev.C Update.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

deadscion

You take this map pack and and install it into both configurations of FE install  I described in the previous post.

http://www.bzscrap.com/maps/Battlezone%20II/Map%20Packs/VnBFEMappack8.zip

the results will speak for themselves. It's my opinion some ODF files were not updated.

Aegeis

Something is amiss with the full installer.  I've redownloaded it just to make sure it was not because I had the first version of the installer that the problem exists.  Can anyone who has the full installer please verify this problem for me on their own pc using the full installer just so I know its not just me.  I cannot for the life of choose to use comets in my rocket tanks when playing the edf in fe.  Instead of the factory saying Comet, it instead says Fireflys!  And when I do choose Fireflys, it still does not shot the comet BUT some tag canon rocket thngy!  Please, this is very important because this problem messes up my strat game.  If anyone uses comet and I am in the game I will av.  I've asked others online which version of fe they use and most use the patch to patch version so I cannot verify this with them.  And yes I deleted and reinstalled and rebooted, I've checked assets and I am quite puzzled.

technoid

Fireflies?  Hmm, never heard of that one, heh.  Do they flutter around a bit then land on your opponents windshield and take a turd?  Anyway, I don't recall having seen the word "firefly" in the FE assets before, so this is really something.

Commando

I can verify the firefly bug that Aegeis mentioned.  It is a cool weapon, but unfortunately it uses too much ammo to be useful.  A Hammer barely has enough ammo to kill a single scav with fireflys.  A hammer will only have 6 shots left after killing a single scav when it originally had about 80 shot.

TimeVirus

Odd bug since Fireflies were removed prior to FE's initial release and don't exist in any patch.  :s

Commando

The fireflies are a cool weapon.  Unfortunately the bug prevents full version users from using Hornets and also causes AVs for full version users when someone else has the patched version.

Aegeis

Well this needs to be corrected.  Someone has to have a clue how this occured....  Or what to look for.  I've searched for assets or references to this firefly thingy and I don't see it.

Sonic

I just extracted the fedata.pak (combined) from the FE Installer and found Firefly's in them.  The "gtaggun_a.odf" contins Fireflies in them.  My guess is the fedata2.pak contained this which was added when the two pak files where merged together.  All I know is that when I merged the two pak files together, I took pak 1, extracted it to a folder, than extacted pak 2 over it.

I beleive in another topic it was discussed about redoing the full fedata.pak.  By any chance does anyone have the original 2 fedata paks?  I've lost mine.

Commando

I don't have them but I can get them since I have the original part one and part two installers.

TimeVirus

Thanks for looking that up Sonic, there are two of those in the FEdatapak. The one in the root level of pak directory was the correct one and overrode the one that got used in the full installer.

Aegeis, the correct gtaggun_a.odf is in your FTP folder at TD. Try placing this into RevC folder and test if it cures problem. If it does we can post it as a fix.

Aegeis

Hey TV that file fixed the problem.  I was able to put comet rockets in the rtanks and the factory says Comet instead of fireflys.

Sonic

Aegeis, if you can send me a zip with the fix, I can recompile the Rev.C and Full installer to fix this issue.

TimeVirus

Here it is Sonic: gtaggun_a.odf

I dont think this affects the Rev.c installer, this is from the original fedata.pak.

DarkFox

Sorry I didn't see this topic sooner.

Glad to see it's sorted now. I always wondered what the fireflys were, I saw them referenced in the .pak files ages ago.