• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Forgotten Enemies (BZ2CP): Full Installer Released!

Started by Sonic, November 24, 2003, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Cooke

I was kidding, deadscion, hence the  :D, and Im sorry if I offended anyone, but if you cant understand that, I'll just leave. Goodbye to all.

aougli

So what's the status of the all-in-wonder installer?  Has the target of the link been updated?  Do existing users of the complete install need a patch, or better to re-download?

Not trying to be a nuisance, just wondering how things stand.

thx

Commando

The full installer was updated on the 20th.  I'm assuming the FireFly/Hornet issue was fixed.  You can go Here for the date.  Below is the information for the FE Full installer.

20-Jan-2004 21:13   265M

Sonic

The Full Installer does have the fixed odf in the Rev.C folder.  I was wanting to re-release the Rev.C patch with this fix.  Do to reasons suggested in the FE MPI Beta, there was reason to suspect that the Rev.C patch was not doing a full job patching part 1+2 installs to the Full Installer.  My solution to that was have the Rev.C patch update all asset folders (FEaddon, Rev.C, Missions).  This did increase the size of the patch to 12 MB, but it also made the patch universal so a Part 1+2 1.1 install can patch directly to Rev.C without patching to Rev.B First.

But I beleive TV objected to the Recompile of the Rev.C patch which can be installed over the Full Installer.  Unless I get permission for the new Rev.C patch, the way to fix the problem is to DL the hot fix here: http://www.bzscrap.com/downloads/Mods/BZ2CP/fullinstall_hotfix.zip

Just extract to your root FE directory.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

aougli

Thanks for the replies.

Just so I understand clearly, for a BZ2 install patched to 1.2, all the following are acceptable methods of getting FE Rev.C multiplayer (strat, MPI, DM) working:

1. The full (updated) installer is all thats necessary
2. The full (previous) installer patched with the above hotfix is compatible
3. The incremental method (part 1, single player patch, part 2, Rev.B, Rev.C) needs no action

Are the above statements true?

Sonic

Bingo, that's in theory.  As I said though 3 is kind of questionable as somepeople reported having assets issue with the current Rev.C Patch.  If you used my 12 MB Rev.C Patch, you should not have asset issues unless you really did screw something up in your install.

Ragewind359

hi there, i just downloaded the full FE installer an it doesn't work.  For one its starts multiple copys of the installer with one activation, i looked in my taskmgr.  An it doesn't even work, even after waiting 5 mins.  If the installer doesn't work, could someone make an zip file with just a copy an paste install method?

Windows 2000 w/ SP4 an all updates
256mb RAM
32mb Vidy
SB Live!

All drivers are up2date an maintence is performed often on both registry an hard disk.

Ragewind359

For some reason the fe installer doesn't like to be used with explorer but rather the taskmgr.  So if you are having install problems use the taskmgr to load the installer  with the new task button.  Why, i don't know but it worked an i don't wonder why i just say thanks an move on.

byebye

ya i have prob with the instal thing it dos not do a thing it just sits there
and i have win xp home and i have 52k modem but it gos like 2k sec
and i will not dl it agan i have tride rebuting but it did not help

Sonic

Quote from: byebyeya i have prob with the instal thing it dos not do a thing it just sits there
and i have win xp home and i have 52k modem but it gos like 2k sec
and i will not dl it agan i have tride rebuting but it did not help

If you can give me more sespefic information like any errors or where it is freezing I could make a better diagnosis.  Other than that I would say your DL is curropted and you have to DL again.  Thus I would suggest using a DL manager like GetRight to Download the File to avoid curroption.

Snakeskin

Spacecomber

No, FE has still not been brought up to speed with v1.3.  Since v1.3 is still in beta, meaning further changes to v1.3 are likely, the FE team is waiting on a relatively finalized version of the v1.3 patch before they make the necessary changes to FE to make it compatible with v1.3.  This is to avoid them  having to constantly change things on their end to keep up the evolution of v1.3.

WhiteDove

Whenever I try to play an instant game in FE I keep getting Access Violation Errors.

I only got this in with the Full Installer.

Does anyone know why this is and how to solve it?

-WhiteDove.

deadscion

FE Revison C installer errors have been found. Some updates to the installers were attempted but the best thing to do is  use whatever version works for what you want to do until Revision D comes out.

If you want to do multiplayer games without Bad assests talk to the guys you want to play with and use what ever version of the install they are using.

I am hoping the installer for Revision D will only be released in one version of the full installer, just to avoid confusion.

I realize this is a little hard on telephone modem users but Fishbone still plans to make a CD available at cost so things balance out a bit.

Hope this answers your question.

Marksman

Some IA maps don't work if you select Scion as the race you want to play. It's discussed here:
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1795
and here:
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1186

It's up to the map makers to fix the maps. They are not fixed yet in the complete installer. Hopefully if a Rev D is made, the maps will be fixed.