• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

need help with texture layers on a map...

Started by TheJamsh, April 10, 2009, 03:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Currently, ive got  map in progress that im particularly proud off. most of the work is done, but ive now come to texturing it, and every layer has the same texture applied.

No matter what i do, i cant seem to clear textures or view any layers individually. Even clicking 'Layer Texture 0' doesnt clear it. Bit annoying because so far i have four layers of the same thing... this has happened to me before and i ended up never finishing it because i got stuck.

Also, how to i add underwater fog? the water menu's fog buttons arn't working.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Make sure you have textures on HIGH in options...

Underwater fog is done via the console I believe, but it's not intuitive.

-Av-

TheJamsh

ah ok. yeh i have high detail set, didnt forget that.

i might post the map to see if someone can fix it. or better yet at least texture the cliffs for me...

Feared_1

RIGHT CLICK to remove a texture. Texture 0 has always added a transparent texture for me (does not remove the texture on that layer).

fog.water is underwater fog I think. I LOVE making deep under water like 0 0 30 RGB. It looks so eerie down there :D

mrtwosheds

The names of each texture in the listboxes are defined in the .trn file.
You cannot clear a texture as such from within the editor, you could fill an entire layer with one texture and make it all clear with foreground set to 0.
It is easiest if you try to stick with just 1 texture per layer to start with, if you wiz round the map painting textures wherever it all gets very confusing, if you then want to add more textures try do it on Layer3, the top one only, making sure they have enough clear area between them.

If your making a new map using winter, fill each layer with a different texture, foreground 255 before applying the layermaps.

TheJamsh

1) i know about the .trn files, edited that already and ive got the textures i want to use in there.

2) i havent applied ANY other textures manually. the map was actually created partially with winter. the alpha channels didnt have ANYTHING in them, just white all over.

3) all i need to do, is completely CLEAR or REMOVE any textures on layers 2,3 & 4. if i put my map back into winter as it is now (winter will load color, height and normal maps for me automatically), do i have to add a black quare to all the other alpha channels (there are only three channels, whereas BZ2 has four layers, i gues they only effect 2,3 &4

mrtwosheds

fill an entire layer with one texture and make it all clear with foreground set to 0.

TheJamsh

yeh but the problem is i still need to APPLY a texture to those layers in the places i want... e.g. layer 2 for paths and layer 3 for cliff sides etc.

ive uploaded the map to my betadudes folder. it can be found under the name Outpost-New.rar

id appreciatte someone having a look so they know what im on about...

mrtwosheds

Ah! it seems a little issue with the s button has returned...
Also at some point you seem to have pressed the fill all layers with the current texture button. I don't know why this button is there, cant figure out why anyone would want to do that.

TheJamsh

that must be what i did then. i keep clicking fill with texture zero, but this doesnt get rid of everything.

do i now have to manually get rid of all the other textures?

ill upload the S button issue to mantis

AHadley

S button issue? As a mapmaker, is this something I should have heard of?

TheJamsh

nah its only a problem for people on the private tester... it should work fine for the public.