• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Killing Castles

Started by sabre58, May 02, 2009, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabre58

Hi all - my first post.

I recently loaded up patch 1.3PB4A for the first time.  I generally only play instant action as the ISDF.  The new patch is awesome with all the new stuff, but I have some questions.

1)  In instant action GHDefense (and others), there are these pesky castles sitting on top of the mountains.  The only way I have found to take them out is using walkers thus far.  Are there other methods?

2)  Rocket towers are also new to me.  I usually swarm them with sabres and then go in myself for the kill.  Comments?

3)  It seems the AI has really been upgraded, and I find these games much more challenging.  Even in StandardAI, it seems that the only way to penetrate the enemy base is to build a few hundred units and throw them in all at once.  Are there better alternatives?

I would like to thank all the people who contributed to this patch as well as the newer ones that I look forward to playing in the future.  And thanks for any help with the above.

sabre58

bigbadbogie

You might wanna try the new patch: 1.3 TA5. It has significant upgrades to pb4a.

Castles? What castles?

Rocket towers are designed to kill flying units such as APCs, Bombers and Archers.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

sabre58

Sorry - replace Castles with Statues.

bigbadbogie

Oh.

The best way to kill them is for you to use a Sabre tank with MDM mortar equiped. If you can line up an accurate shot the Statues can be destroyed rather easily.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Spot

Hi sabre58,

Like BBB already mentioned you probably want to upgrade to ta5, its really awesome!
The best game ever running on up to date drivers/systems.... :)

1) Their range is 250mtr, use MDM-mortars on for instance a tank, or place an Assault tank at about just under 260mtr range from them (A-tank have a range of about 270mtr, however often they dont engange untill the target is withing 260mtr range)

2) Make sure the area is cleared out, equip your tank with "phantom vir" its a special that hides your imagesignature which makes it impossible for rockettowers to get a lock on you. You can than stand right in front of them and shoot the bezesus out of them :)

3) The key is poolcontrol, first make sure that the AI has as little pools as you can take from them. This will take a number of heavy units of the field and makes it easier to get close to the AI-base. Than just MDM the life out of the static defences, after that I usually drive 4 or 5 A-tanks up to the AI base and keep them pinned down while I lead 20-ish tanks into the AI base ... with a bit of practice you can kick the AI's behind on extreme using this tactic. Do remember to always get the pool-count for the AI down, you dont want to rush their base when they're sending out walker after walker at you as they alone can prevent your assault to succeed.
(There is also the tactic, that I dont like vs the AI, which is to just sneak in and keep hitting the AI's recy. Once thats gone its just a matter of time. The same can also be done by sending in 20+ APC, or like you already found out, using amazing amounts of tanks :))
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Steeveeo

#3: Get SRV (which somewhat works in TA5, but definitely in PB4a), turtle up (build yourself a ton of def), and start building and researching your way to Nukes. :evil:

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Feared_1

A sneaky way to kill the statues is to run up to them really fast and touch them with the front of your ship while you fire. As long as there is no other enemy unit or defense behind you shooting you, you should be okay.

TheJamsh

You know the GH maps are DESIGNED to be harder though right?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.