• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

What does this AV message mean?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, April 22, 2009, 03:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

ERR |Debug           |               debug:766  |15:42:04|147922 |Message: Too many tris in: cvtalon9t.x

Does my model have too many triangles in the mesh of my X model? Tanks, BNG.

PS: the normals were flipped on all faces and I used the right handed coordinate system out of TS 7.6. Also, the model was not trianguated prior to exporting the model.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Warfreak

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on April 22, 2009, 03:48:11 PM
ERR |Debug           |               debug:766  |15:42:04|147922 |Message: Too many tris in: cvtalon9t.x

Exactly what it says, TOO MANY TRIs.

Lower your poly count and you should be fine.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BNG Da BZ Fool

Actually, this cvtalon is of my own design (geometry wise) only the name is somewhat the same, i.e., cvtalon9tx. I'm attempting to try some stuff to get a texture to appear on an X model in BZII. It's presenting quite a problem now as before I never really had any problems getting an X file to work in the game; minus any texture that is.

The only difference this time is that I added a second texture layer where in the past I had it on the base default layer using the TS material editor.

The face count is only 320 roughly double that with triagulation. Would that present a problem for BZII? I think there's something else going on now that I'm attempting to isolate, but tend to get lost when unexpected error messages like this appear.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

I still can't understand why you go to so much trouble to model for BZ2 and jump through this many hoops when you could just buy and learn 3D Studio Max and it would solve all your problems.

Animation?... so easy I could do it in my sleep.

QuoteThe face count is only 320 roughly double that with triagulation. Would that present a problem for BZII?

No. That isn't very many. The game could easily cope with that.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BNG Da BZ Fool

Interesting, when I attempt to reload the resulting X file back in to TS I get several material and mesh tag errors and the file loads but is not visible? Anyone got any spare Tylenol? I wonder if when I deleted the extra Z's that I delete to get the hp's to work corrupted the file? Guess I'll need to resave the file and try it again without deleting anything. More after these important messages from our proud sponsor...you ask for it you got it Toyota!

BNG Da BZ Fool

Buy? I still need money for food bro.... Why would I go through all this aggrevation if I could afford MAX? Why would anybody in their right mind go through it? Sorry, you walked into that one BBB....

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

mrtwosheds

QuoteERR |Debug           |               debug:766  |15:42:04|147922 |Message: Too many tris in: cvtalon9t.x
Means your model is broken.
Probably the number of polys identified after  mesh  {
does not equal the number of dataline entrys following it.

OvermindDL1

Actually that message most often appears when the normals are optimized.  Oddly enough, BZ2 cannot handle the normals tris being optimized, it handles all others being optimized just fine.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

BNG Da BZ Fool

I did flip the normals for all faces on the model in TS, so I'm sure that may be part of the problem. I've flipped them in the past without any problems on my X based models using the right hand coordinate system to get the model not to appear backward in game or inside out. This got them looking right in BZII.

BZII, seems to have major issues with X files in general as even the BZII demo X files don't load correctly when I try using them in the map editor. I wonder why Pandemic even bothered to use them in the first place? Still, I have a few other things to test before totally giving up on the X format. Ironically, I'm modeling for an outdated video game with an obsolete XSI format and adequate XSI modeling tools. If I didn't love BZII so much I'd given up even trying to make models for it a long time ago. True love, if you ask me....BNG

GSH

The .x format has evolved over the years. BZ2 is probably more compatible with .x files written by programs of the same era -- approx 1998-2001.

-- GSH

BNG Da BZ Fool

Apparently too many tris error is related with my modifying the X file by replacing the z character I add to the end of hp_points and such replace with a space character to get the HP's to work. This somehow corrupts the resulting X file. Also, I disabled the export mesh vertex color option with good effect too.

The way I get an X model into BZII is to flip the normals of the model in TS, and set TS X export option to use the right handed coordinate system. In TS the model looks turned inside out, but in BZII the model appears normal looking. Also, the right handed coordinate system makes the X model appear forward in BZII otherwise it appears backwards using the left handed coordinate system with BZII.

It functions normally in BZII, but as I've noted in past posts never has the proper texture information that I applied in TS. It does however, show the same material tint as the texture on the model surface indicating that BZII is attempting to display the texture but some thing is preventing it from properly displaying the texure in full? I'm truly puzzled by this quirk.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone else but me? With the exception of the texture issue the TS X model exporter works beautifully with BZII.