• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

What in the world is this dang thing?

Started by Sabre Tank, April 23, 2009, 05:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre Tank

Okay, I don't know if any of you guys have ever noticed, but what I am asking about is seen in 2 places as far as I know...Now, in the Battlezone II intro where the dude gets out of the tank, and tells the other guys to go on a recon sweep, they stop in front of something that appears to be a scavenger but it has a long wheeled part on the back and has black bars on it and 3 or 4 red lights and the one dude says, "What are those things?" And the other dudes like, "I dunno they're everywhere!". Now, if you have the CD case, not the box the CD CASE, in the top photo on the back you will see what looks much like a scavenger that appears to be scooping up something. Also on the CD case, on the inside where you see the phone numbers and stuff, look on the left hand side of the image and you will see another one of the strange things right under the APC. I don't really know what the heck these things are, but I would appreciate it if someone gave me an answer. :-D

Red Devil

What box???

bigbadbogie

They probably are scavengers, just an old model which they used in the opening film.

Damn - RD beat me to it!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Your descriptions are awful, at least for my CD case. However I do see the scooping scav on the back.

I should model that.

Click on the image...

AHadley

appel

I believe they had scooping scavengers, that scooped up scrap (doing some animation), and then were supposed to return to base to un-scoop the scrap.

Well, they ran out of development time and couldn't implement that, so they used a simpler scavenger that did not animate nor returned to base.

At least that's my guess.

Nielk1

I don't think so. Since most of the code would still be around from BZ1... My guess is change in direction.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

I also notice the apcs on the cd case have sort of stubby, blade like wing things that also never made it through development and if only the tanks and pilots actually looked like that...great concept art!

Nielk1

Pilot on case and box are different I think.

I have no APCs on my CD case.

Click on the image...

squirrelof09

I remember the topic I made about this a while back :). BUt it's deleted now :(.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

AHadley

I think twosheds meant in the opening video clip.

TheJamsh

Have you seen some of the concept art on BzComplex? Im gunna have to persuade the modelling team to pull some of that shiz!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

I've worked on some, but I normally pull in Pluto textures when I do.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteI think twosheds meant in the opening video clip.
No, I still have my original cd case, bought the very day bz2 hit the shelves in the UK, very clearly there are 5 things in the sky, that can only be apc's of a sort never seen in game.
There is something else too, half hidden behind behind a pilot to the right of the commanders helmet, No idea what it is.

AHadley

I'll have to check my CD case... I have the box version, will that make any difference?