• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone II 1.3 Tech Alpha 5 released

Started by GSH, April 24, 2009, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSSx Grizzly

It's good I like it a lot, apart from the pilot trouble's I had this morning, but all sorted now and it's quality  :mrgreen:

Vid

Quote from: Steeveeo on April 24, 2009, 10:42:00 PM
Quick question, was the stock campaign ever patched up? Or do we still have to play in 1.3pb3 and lower for that?

Played through 1-8 on the missions so far tonight, and skipped ahead to transformation.  It played perfectly and didn't AV/Crash.

Not sure if you want/need any information GSH, but working on my tower:

Windows XP
Athlon 64 3700 2.2ghz San Diego
Gigabyte K8NSC 939
XFX Geforce 7600GT 256mb
2gb PC3200 ddr ram.

Controls seem a little more sensative or almost feel like automatic leveling is on, but its not.  It feels a little different, but its stable so far and no problems.

First time it ran, I had 4000fps on the opening video, and 500fps on the first mission.  After closing and reopening, it is capped at 60-62fps again.  Not sure if that's a fluke.

bigbadbogie

I can never seem to get it to go over 60 fps anymore.

I have tried MaxFramerate = 999 in LocalPrefs.ini and it is still clamped to 60. It did work once though...

VSync is off.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

VSync off in the video adapter software?
What box???

VoodooChile

yaaay! finaly a working 1.3 patch.

already had some gg's on it and its great!

thx for all the hard work.

cheers

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Red Devil on April 26, 2009, 01:30:26 AM
VSync off in the video adapter software?

That fixed it... but I was only getting 70fps and it looks horrible without VSync so I turned it back on.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

VSMIT

It's really weird.  I'm not experiencing any of these problems with FPS drops from lighting.  and I've got a 9300GS graphics card (OEM only).

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

My FPS is massively better now, though I haven't tested in MP yet.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: VSMIT on April 26, 2009, 04:56:14 AM
It's really weird.  I'm not experiencing any of these problems with FPS drops from lighting.  and I've got a 9300GS graphics card (OEM only).

VSMIT.

I was before I updated my graphics drivers. Now I get no light-lag. (Thank god.)

My BZ2 mods:

Red Spot

Quote from: VSMIT on April 26, 2009, 04:56:14 AM

Same here, I had some really old drivers and when I had headlights on my FPS would drop as soon as it shined on something. Installed the latest nvidia drivers (after uninstalling the previous and running a registycleaner) and the game runs as smooth as can be with headlights on :)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

dazza9075

Yeah, i need to put vsync on too major tearing otherwise, never had this slow down even through testing so im guessing it only effects older cards/drivers, i think people will be quite chuffed with all the hard work put in to this

Commando

I locked up during lagging out due to the host, Leo I believe, logging into the relay bunker.  Every time he logged in, it caused him to freeze.  He logged in twice, causing massive lagging.  The second time is when I froze forcing me to power down the pc.

Nielk1

Mortar bikes and APCs are causing patching infinite loops when killing while pathing on nonfat terrain.

As if code doesn't know they are DEAD!

Click on the image...

Vid

A little more confirmation/testing if you needed on single player.

Mission 14(Fanning the Fire) seems a bit more difficult than I remember it in PB4a, but doable with the right tactics.  It was close to impossible with my previous tactics.

Scion 6(The AAN) was probably one of the more difficult missions if you didn't get a defense up fast next to ISDF 16(Hole in One).  However there is one new difference to TA5...  The AI Assault Tanks know how to stay out of the range of gun towers now and will obliterate them with no damage if they have clear Line of Sight.  Seeing as one of the first few waves is 4 assault tanks and after that 2 assault tanks every few minutes... this mission is a little hard if you don't hide your gun towers. 
Scion 5 also suffers from this a little as the assault tanks will bombard your gun spires there as well.  It just did not seem as bad and I also had mobile units helping.

Granted I'm a novice, so my skill probably isnt the greatest.

Gun towers sometimes have flashy/translucent bases.  The maulers in Scion 4 do a lot of headbopping.  Nothing major so far though and it may be my older drivers.  AI aim seems a bit better, and they group their attack waves a little better.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Commando on April 26, 2009, 08:52:17 AM
I locked up during lagging out due to the host, Leo I believe, logging into the relay bunker.  Every time he logged in, it caused him to freeze.  He logged in twice, causing massive lagging. 

Commando, I got the same relay bunker funness -- I crash whenever I try to log in to one.