• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone II 1.3 Tech Alpha 5 released

Started by GSH, April 24, 2009, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

The relay bunker crashing people out is because terrain takes up a LOT of memory to draw at my end. I found that switching terrain detail to LOW when in a bunker greatly increases FPS and reliability.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Vid

All single player missions tested fine on my machine.  Some minor graphical issues noted in my post on page 4 that I updated.  With the AI fixing, some missions became a good bit harder than they were originally.

TheJamsh

Not sure if i posted this publicly but i tested the campaign inside out and found a total of 53 bugs. some are graphic related (some of which can be fixed by adding some odf entries to objects).

Im fixing as many as i can so they can go in the the un-official expansion pack. Some however will stay where they are.

AHadley

You might have to tell me where the bugs can be found so I can cross-reference them.

Vid

I'm also wondering where you found bugs?  Crash bugs or just weird/funny bugs?
I had some graphical problems, but I assume that is my older driver for previous versions.

I wonder how hard it was on you on Scion 6, if hard at all :)  Know how bad I am compared to a veteran.

King Gladiator

when i download this from a fresh reinstall, erase every battlezone related program from my computer and reinstall, then install the 1.3ta5 patch, i try to log in and when i type a pilot name, it doesn't add it to the list and i cant start because i have no user name to play with and it erases all my previous data so i cant use a old file. what do i do?
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

TheJamsh

You have to start again. sorry bud. old pilot.dat files arnt compatible.

King Gladiator

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 03, 2009, 02:57:22 PM
You have to start again. sorry bud. old pilot.dat files arnt compatible.

so what should i do? fresh install or what? ive tried erasing any old files and doing a fresh install but it wont let me. and im not too hot on the computer so dont expect me to understand the technical talk.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Nielk1

Why the hell is it so hard to actually read what these people say?!

THEY CANNOT GET A PILOT TO ADD TO THE LIST.

Try running in admin mode?

Click on the image...

AHadley

If you're back at the beginning and want to get back to where you were, use this:

game.cheat bzwinner

TheJamsh

Grizzly solved his problems by running in admin mode. Might work for you then as well.

Kept meaning to say that...

Montana

Thanks GSH  I just dusted off my old scout and decided to take her out for a spin on the new patch.

I am impressed you are still tinkering with the old bird.

player5

swaaye

I just wanted to post and say that it works on my old P3 system with a Radeon 8500 in XP. It runs really well too actually.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Downloading TA5 is easier using http://bzscrap.com/downloads/Patches/Public1.3/

I tried the Fileplanet link, but non-subscribers have to wait a long time in line, and install another download manager; I already have a decent one already called FDM. Anyways, after waiting for like over 45 minutes I got fed up and downloaded TA5 from bzcsrap. So if a file is the same as Fileplanet's version then I'd suggest getting from bzscrap? BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.