• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axeminister

no if it happens then you must kill it like MTS said. but in 1.3pb4-4a-5 and up you can group any unit with any unit so it may happen less now. Also if someone leaves in MP who owns the bomber you have to kill it or wait for someone else to join for it to be usable.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Mr X

Quote from: Axeminister on August 16, 2009, 12:36:26 PM
no if it happens then you must kill it like MTS said. but in 1.3pb4-4a-5 and up you can group any unit with any unit so it may happen less now. Also if someone leaves in MP who owns the bomber you have to kill it or wait for someone else to join for it to be usable.

Yeah, that got annoying in an MPI I was playing once where I was in command,

this guy, I think he was called Zachary, kept joining and leaving, and I think he was keeping out the guy whos place he took,

long story short he kept having the bomber when we needed it to destroy something we couldn't, he wouldn't even speak. (he also decided to destroy a couple of my apcs by shooting them, but thats besides the point)

Maybe for the next patch there should be some programming that hands all your units back to the commander if you leave.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Red Spot

Quote from: squirrel on August 16, 2009, 11:36:05 AM
[probably_wrong]I thought there was a way around if all groups were taken and bomber wasn't assigned to a group... I think in multiplayer the commander could give and retake command and have control of the bomber....[/probably_wrong]

That's correct. If you free up groups and than drop command and retake it all units not assigned to a player will be assigned to the commander ... as long has he has the free groups for them.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

squirrelof09

Agrees. I had done similar before when in a teamstrat, someone had left after I gave them valuable stuff... Releasing and getting command back gave me my stuff back
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

AHadley

bb1

The AAN level where you have to protect the base... DO NOT GO TO THE BASE UNTIL YOU ARE ORDERED. For whatever broken reason in the game, if you go on your own terms to help protect it, it will recycle itself! Yup.

AHadley

The recycler will recucly itself into the recycler which is itself... :S

bb1

MPI missions- I splintered the enemy base, and their bomber attacked the splinter in the middle of their base, taking out their recy. Is that normal?

The map was entrap. ISDF vs ISDF. Sorry for lack of screenshot! It should be reproducable.

GreenHeart

Quote from: bb1 on August 21, 2009, 09:44:23 PM
MPI missions- I splintered the enemy base, and their bomber attacked the splinter in the middle of their base, taking out their recy. Is that normal?

The map was entrap. ISDF vs ISDF. Sorry for lack of screenshot! It should be reproducable.

Idle dispatcher only sends the bomber after buildings or ships.  The bomber don't keep track of moving targets so if it was order it to attack a moving ship it will bomb the outdated location it used to be in. no auto updates.    :-(
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

TheJamsh

although as a player you can keep re-ordering it who to bomb as the target moves. You wont hit it if the unit is moving though...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bb1

It attacks the splinter when it deploys and starts firing its rounds, at which point it has a radar blip. It actually orders the bomber to bomb the firing splinter object once it is on the ground spinning.

AHadley

It seems to me that extracting the Scion Pulse Rifle's ODFs from the .PAK file, even if you don't do anything with them, causes the gun to fire over the player's shoulder, instead of forwards.

Mr X

Uhhh, don't do it then? Unless you want to show off by doing trick shots.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

I needed to modify it a little for PF. Looks like I can't.

Rocket

try pulling the pilot ODF not from the pak file, but from the 13patch.pak file, if it's in there.

and "search" your addon folder and make sure that there aren't any pilot .xsi's (of the pilot you are modifying obviously) interferring with it.
Hidden Defenders Mod