• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russian Roulette

Here's an odd one for ya, this happens every time I start bz
It appears that the graphics are not rendering correctly, anyone else have this problem?

login screen

Main

bigbadbogie

I think I have seen that before. It could mean that the font is corrupted.

Try reinstalling BZ2.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

GSH

Russian Roulette - what graphics card are you running? And have you tried latest drivers from the graphics card manufacturer's site? From what's been reported here over the past week, do not trust the drivers MS hands out.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

The terrain issue Datannti is seeing looks like he has run out of memory. Remember Dat, terrain takes up more memory than it used to because its drawn by the GPU.

Great news for you're CPU because it means BZ2 can do more at once, but unless you're GPU has plenty of memory you're going to be seeing that soon.

Try turning terrain detail to low when you enter the save game...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

lastmsg

Quote from: TheJamsh on April 29, 2009, 02:21:17 AM
The terrain issue Datannti is seeing looks like he has run out of memory. Remember Dat, terrain takes up more memory than it used to because its drawn by the GPU.

Great news for you're CPU because it means BZ2 can do more at once, but unless you're GPU has plenty of memory you're going to be seeing that soon.

Try turning terrain detail to low when you enter the save game...

XD no its not my GPU running out of memory I fix it by hopping out of the bunker and all the terrain is gone, then I get back into the bunker and its all good :)

EDIT: I tried turning down the terrain detail and it's still doing it :/ idk why.

Clavin12

I have BZ2 installed on two computers and on one of them the front movie flashes while it plays and won't play smoothly. I think its just a memory thing but could that be a bug? (just bz2 problem not 1.3ta5)
C l a v i n 1 2

lastmsg

Quote from: Clavin12 on April 29, 2009, 06:30:40 AM
I have BZ2 installed on two computers and on one of them the front movie flashes while it plays and won't play smoothly. I think its just a memory thing but could that be a bug? (just bz2 problem not 1.3ta5)

I had that problem in 1.3pb4a but its gone now in ta5, I never did figure out a way to fix it :/

AHadley

I found a  fix to my Z-fighting ground textures, I had Z-buffering on. :)

If anybody else gets Z-fighting (flickering textures) on the ground or anywhere else for that matter, check your Z-buffer settings in Graphics.

Vid

I have flickering textures under gun spires/towers, but not really sure where to adjust that z buffering.

AHadley

Right side of graphics options. Somewhere in the middle, one of the menus mentions either  Z-buffering or Z-filtering. It's that one.

Russian Roulette

Well, for some reason, when I "alt-tab" out of bz then back in, everything goes back to normal... except for the problem with the movie screen in the main menu being a solid white.
Other than this, everything is great.

AHadley

Nielk1

Quote from: Russian Roulette on April 29, 2009, 03:48:52 PM
Well, for some reason, when I "alt-tab" out of bz then back in, everything goes back to normal... except for the problem with the movie screen in the main menu being a solid white.
Other than this, everything is great.

Reported a bunch of times already. I am getting really pissed at Datanti for uploading an image of that to my BZComplex gallery every time I friken' take it off and tell him that. Ganna ban em from ma' gallery.

Click on the image...

lastmsg

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 29, 2009, 04:00:56 PM
Reported a bunch of times already. I am getting really pissed at Datanti for uploading an image of that to my BZComplex gallery every time I friken' take it off and tell him that. Ganna ban em from ma' gallery.

:x IT'S A BUG!!! and i didn't have to alt-tab, or enter and i'm putting it in my picture of things in my own folder that it says I have.

lastmsg

BUG NUMBER 3 that I have found :)

In satellite mode, whenever you are picking a place for something to do an action, the little blue square is supposed to have a short line on going strait up. But it's not in the right place in satellite. the more distance that square gets from the bunker, the distance of the line from were it is supposed to be gets greater, almost like its going slower then the box. It is fine when you are in first person.

http://op6xyq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pBEd3TTvZMaBORx2JmHY-k33E4e39CwHtHp0lT-6CL-xpjFXVZLJAgI18zHU0bWuaf1zTO0YtENJwmlL_8Jkpab_RofwXTjoh/pointer%20bug.png

EDIT: N1 said someone already reported this but I don't see it