• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Thumbdrive went off the fritz (List of Modding Tools & Programs)

Started by Warfreak, April 26, 2009, 12:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

And as such, i had to reformat it to even use it. THE PROBLEM is that all my modding tools were on the drive, these included and not limited to:

- BZ2Scriptor
- OM's Mesh Viewer
- XNView
- Blender
- OM's Winter
- Bink Video
- Miles Sound System
- Audacity
- PAK Explorer
- Lithunwrap
- some of my school projects...

Now, I've been meaning to get better programs for dev-ing and that is the point of this topic. So if you can:
- List links to good programs of the likes of the ones I lost :|
- List ways to avoid this happening again
- DO NOT list BZSCRAP, im already getting the programs that I can find as I type this.

squirrelof09

fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Warfreak

Yeah, Vista kept whining that "This Thumbdrive cannot be used unless you Format it, want to?"

LITERALLY while I was MOVING STUFF, damn thing stops working and "deformats" itself. Its an ANCIENT (Sundisk?,, the lettering is fadded baddly) 128mb thumbdrive.

Nielk1

Burn a CD with all your programs and a good bit of your 3d Models

I have about 50+ gigs to burn of BZ2 programs, tools, and models.

Click on the image...

Purplehaze

You should just be able to google Aducaity and the latter and come up with download pages
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

VSMIT

Like N1 said, hard copy backup.  There's really nothing else that would stay (mostly) permanently.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

OvermindDL1

I just buy more external 1 terabyte hard drives, costs as much as a decent flash drive, more reliable, much much bigger, faster, just cannot bounce it around. :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

VSMIT

Some can be prone to overheating, though, so make sure you have good airflow in whatever room you're in.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

And some, you take it home, plug it in, t goes from 1.5 TB to 0 bytes with Arabic symbols for file system. You exchange it, try the new one on another PC, plug it in yours, Arabic 0-byter again. Take it back refund. Spend the cash on some steam games.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

OvermindDL1

I use Seagate externals, never had any issue with those, and I own 4. :)
Many others are utter crap though.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Zero Angel

Well there is BZ2 XSI Collection and the Font Edit tool. There's also the BZ2 softimage PIC plugin for photoshop and programs which can read import/export plugins from photoshop.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

VSMIT

I've only used WD MyBooks, and I've not had any fail on me.  And I've had it for about a year and a half.

Nielk1

Quote from: VSMIT on May 20, 2009, 12:02:39 AM
OR you could format them.

NO NO NO NO NO !
The INSTANT it touched the computer it lost formatting. It was not format able. It could be reformatted on another PC and died INSTANTLY when attached to the only PC with any business using the damn thing. Still *Ammo*ing pissed...

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on May 20, 2009, 12:23:51 AM
I use Seagate externals, never had any issue with those, and I own 4. :)
Many others are utter crap though.

The TWO 1.5s were Seagates.

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Quote from: Nielk1 on May 20, 2009, 07:00:20 PMThe TWO 1.5s were Seagates.
I use a Freeagent Go. The one I have has only has 120GB storage capacity but it's small (2'5), got a bootable linux partition (that I made, which has ophcrack and ntpasseditor -- if I ever need to gain administrative access to a windows PC) and well it holds everything I need it to.  :-)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression