• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Effects Tutorial

Started by TheJamsh, April 21, 2009, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

As i said on BZ2MD, i started writing out some notes about BZ2s particle system and how to work it. This is a rough draft, it really needs re-reading and re-wording in some places, but this is as far as ive got so far.

Steeveeo may need to read it too, he knows more about some parts of it than i do, such as layering, and especially how to make textures.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z4yndqtmmyg

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Nice, I'll have to give it a go sometime.

TheJamsh

Anyone had a look at this yet? Would like to know what people think.

Can one of the Admin's possibly sticky it?

Red Spot

I'm thinking about making a sort of .. er .. tutorial-sticky as I go allong making my mod.
What I mean is one page will just have headers and links, the sticky, which than links to the tutorials, tutorials on this site ...

If you wouldnt mind I would like to include this is as one of the later tutorials which would mean all our tutorials could be combined together and create some sort of 'master modders resource' with just about any bit of info a modder could want to have.
(The idea is also to later on ask a few others, like for instance BNG for TS, to set up their tutorials so they can be added to the list)

At the moment I feel that most info is available, its is just so darn hard to find sometimes ...
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

sound fine by me. it needs checking over. i actually found a new simulate base when i was going through my stuff so feel free to proof-read it as well.

AHadley

We may need an entire Tutorial subforum if we're going to do so many tutorials.

GreenHeart

well you could just start dropping fresh tutorials on bzcommand.com's tutorial section.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

TheJamsh

Yeh i will do that at some point. Really its not finished. its more an explanation of each term and its settings rather than a tutorial but could still be useful...

bigbadbogie

You might also wanna stick it up on the 'How to make a BZ2 mod' board on BZ2MD.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

yeh will do. im just... so... lazy.... :P