• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A little something.

Started by Blue_Leader, April 26, 2009, 07:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russian Roulette

Quote from: Commando on April 28, 2009, 09:21:23 PM
The fact that there aren't very many modelers in the community left also makes this not feasible.

I wouldn't say that there aren't very many 'modelers', but I would say that there aren't very many modelers that can make textures and put the models in to bz2... and still have them work :D

I can make models but I'm not good at making textures, I can get models in game but I can't make the work properly. (objects are always sideways)

If we could get the community to all work together on the patch; making models, textures, and getting them in game, then we could get hi-res vehicles in bz2.
The problem with that is many people don't have a computer that will run a game like Crysis, so to start we would have to make 'baby steps' improving the textures and models, and maybe make a 'enhanced feature pack' for those who want to see a 'crysis' like version of Bz2.

Just a thought :D

bigbadbogie

I am entirely capable of doing exactly that.

Maybe some kind of BZ2 Redux mod is due...
Stock map upgrades, new versions of stock models, new stock textures...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

I have a line on someone willing to help with the textures.

Who can make some nice models about 4X the poly count?

*****General BlackDragon*****

dazza9075

a similar idea is used on Freespace 2 SCP, (http://www.hard-light.net) in short, you have the game, you want extras you download them, they call them MediaVPs, the whole project split in to two, one half dealing with the code, fixing and adding to it (source code project), the other half makes it look pretty (modding), and more or less the only rule is that it must not brake the stock game, taking baby steps has transformed that game, and every now and they someone would make a bomb shell of an update, its very good and they still support old hardware and original game. They did ditched DirectX due to issues and lack of programers but have just managed to get basic shader support in OpenGL, all be it just pretending to be a fixed pipeline.

I can max out the settings at any res at get around 200-300FPS a high poly update pack would be great but forgive me if im wrong but wouldnt that effectively break network games, unless you had the same models etc?