• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 1.3+ Teamcolor editor

Started by OvermindDL1, May 22, 2009, 03:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplehaze

Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

OvermindDL1

I posted a bugfix version (yes, the first one had a bug that no one else caught, but I found by perusing the code),1.0.1.
Then I just posted a new feature version, adds presets, read the about box for details, 1.1.
Check the post on my site for download and details.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Dark Scion Soldier

Have any users with IE downloaded this? I've been trying figure why it crashs on me instantly... :|
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

Purplehaze

Prehaps you should just use firefox :)

Im only joking, try using a download manager, and saving it on your computer, not just running it, Or viceversa
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

Dark Scion Soldier

Heh I wish but one of my parents can't even figure out what a url is. And other doesn't want to do anything without my bro's (the techie) recommendation.. but I try the download manager. Thanks. :-)
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

Commando

Having the image of a sabre would be pointless.  The ingame skin color will always be darker than the RGB value you specify in the gameprefs file or in OM's program.  If you specify a very light blue, for example teal, ingame you will end up with a much darker blue.

Nielk1

I've had it be much brighter to. In reality it is a factor of the planet's light, as it should be.

Click on the image...

Commando

I got it to edit team 1's color but every time I edit team 2's color then save, the change is ignored.  I then close the application and reopen it, and the team 2 color is still unspecified.  I have no idea what is going on with team 2's color.

OvermindDL1

Teams 0 through 15 and teamgroup A and B all use the same code (just different indices), if you can give me an ini file that demonstrates the issue I would be much appreciative.

GSH

Teams 0 through 15 and teamgroup A and B all use the same code (just different indices), if you can give me an ini file that demonstrates the issue I would be much appreciative.

Not quite. If the DLL says "turn on FFA colors" ( DefaultTeamColors() ), then it uses the team 0..15 settings. If the DLL says "turn on team strat/mpi colors" ( TeamplayTeamColors() ), then it uses the A/B set. Changing the FFA colors doesn't mean a thing if you run MPI, because the exe does what the DLL says.

-- GSH

OvermindDL1

I know that.  :P

I meant inside *my* program.  :)
All of those things use identical code, so I could not understand why, for example, team1 would work but team2 would not.

So yea, Commando, if you can give me a reproducible case, that would be awesome, because I cannot replicate that bug here...

Eaglebird

Open the ini file, set some colors and set colors for Teamgroup A and teamgroup B. Save, and exit. Reload the same ini file in the program. Teamgroup A's color is set, while Teamgroup B's is not. Adding 'TeamColorTeamB = "50 50 255 255"' to the ini makes it show up in the color editor.

I was curious what exactly this affected. I want to be 'blue', but if it's a random pick of 16 colors (or the two colors for teams) then I guess you can't choose your own color?

TheJamsh

You can you just need to make sure colors are NOT set to 'FFA'. Use either 'teamplay' or 'default'

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.