• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

sim_spray???

Started by TheJamsh, April 28, 2009, 02:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Anyone ever used the simulate base "sim_spray" for anything? discovered it in the changelog but ive never seen it used anywhere... wonder if it has any fancy settings at all that might be useful?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

* Steeveeo would also like to know.

A new ODF toy would be fun. :)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AHadley

TheJamsh

aww i thought steeveeo of all people would know :P

General BlackDragon

Ahem...

:P Even I'm not sure what that is for.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

doesn't even look like FE used/knew of it...

ooo there could be so much more that GSH isnt telling us :P

Red Devil

Only place I've seen it used is in ZTV.
What box???

GSH

It exists in the code. Reads no parameters. If it works for you, great. If not, pretend you didn't hear about it, and it's the same as before.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

So essentially... it does... nothing?

ive always wondered what the difference between sim_chunk and sim_ember was. i was under the impression that sim_chunks would expire when they hit the ground but they dont, and seem therefore no different to sim_ember. strange it is.

GSH

It looks like it does stuff, according to the code. Just that it's not tuneable via ODFs.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

Meaning, you cant even set the texture it uses??

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

I guess i will have to try and toy with it. I wonder if it has similarities to ember simulations...

GSH

The base parameters for a particle simulator (lifetime, startdelay, maxcount, simulatesoundeffect) are still read. There's nothing additional read for sim_spray. Looking at the code, it moves them around, bounces them off the ground. Also looking at the code, I think the only real difference between chunk & ember is that chunks can spin. Spray bounces off the ground slightly differently than ember.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

Interesting... Could find a use for it. i will test.

I wonder if sim_spray relates to a realistic(ish) water bounce. Could prove useful for watery effects. I will looksee...