• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 with ENB Series

Started by Tempest Storm, April 30, 2009, 09:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

ok all i see in the zips is a dll, an ini file, and some text files.

should i try to use the enb tuner?

or how do i adjust things? in the ini?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

All the presets come with an EXE, some of the EXEs tweaked slightly in how they work. Best bet is to get the one with the latest date as it most likely has most of the features intact for whatever game it is for.

Anyone find a way to make this not effect the HUD layer?

Click on the image...

AHadley

I'm getting a missing file error (d3dx9_40.dll) and then an AV. I downloaded a DLL and then it AV'd, so I'm guessing my PC doesn't support it. Correct?

Russian Roulette

When I start bz I get this:

---- Battlezone II Log File ----
//=====================================================
App version: Patch 1.3TechAlpha5 Apr 23 2009 13:36:08
Windows version: Windows Version: 5.1.2600 'Service Pack 2' PlatformID=2

Last few battlezone.log lines (may or may not be relevant):
DIAG|              dsutil:210  |16:43:17|27232  |-- Prefsfile set audio mem purge at 33554432 bytes
DIAG|              dsutil:213  |16:43:17|27232  |Done with audio caps log
DIAG|            AudioSys:323  |16:43:17|27234  |Audio: DirectSound8 setup complete
DIAG|            mcimovie:180  |16:43:18|27381  |Movie opened movies\intro.bik
(done)

Exception code: C0000005 (ACCESS VIOLATION) READING from 00000000h
Error occurred at 4/30/2009 16:43:20.
C:\Program Files\Battlezone II\bzone.exe, run by RussianRoulette.
C:\Program Files\Battlezone II\bzone.exe, run by RussianRoulette.
CPU: 1 processor(s), Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Mobile CPU      1200MHz
     x86 Family 6 Model 11 Stepping 1
Process Memory :   1814 MB free out of   2048 MB total
Physical memory:    212 MB free out of    512 MB total
Page(swap) file:    828 MB free out of   1250 MB total
This exe is using 45 MB, peak use 51 MB

Fault address:  03994880 01:00003880 C:\Program Files\Battlezone II\d3d9.dll

Registers:
EAX:00000000
EBX:7E41F3B3
ECX:00000000
EDX:021DE130
ESI:03AE0140
EDI:00000001
CS:EIP:001B:03994880
SS:ESP:0023:0209F358  EBP:00000000
DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003B  GS:0000
Flags:00010246

Call stack:
Address   Return    Function            SourceFile

It appears that my computer does not like 'd3d9.dll'

Nielk1

Set it to be toggled on by key and start off if you can.

Click on the image...

GSH

I'm getting a missing file error (d3dx9_40.dll) and then an AV. I downloaded a DLL and then it AV'd, so I'm guessing my PC doesn't support it. Correct?

Download the full DirectX Redist installer, as linked in the first page of changelog.txt. BZ2 installs what it needs to use. You're running an app that needs something else. You can get either the web (online) or offline installer; just use those to update all DX9 dlls.

-- GSH

bigbadbogie

I get the same AV as Russian Roulette.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Purplehaze

Agreed. im getting the directx9 upgrade now, Ill see if it works now.
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

Purplehaze

Hmm, Well when I turn on the update it works, But the problem is that I am getting a bunch of white boxes when i toggle on/off, The problem in the main menu is that your cursor goes into tile like you background, bascially, I have to turn off the scoreboard, and then turn on the enhancement, Turn on the scoreboard again, also my regular 20 fps is horrid, Ill have to config it.

EDIT: Anyone got the config down, Everytime I think I have it right i get a white screen when i turn it on :(
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

Tempest Storm

I'm not sure what some of these issues are, although since you all are most likely working off of a different version of ENB that I originally started tweaking there may be settings in the version you have that BZ2 doesn't like. Probably best off to turn all of the effects off at first and then work out each one individually until it functions the way you want it to. Also make sure the effect does not overlay itself on startup as that may be the cause of some AVs. (The effects are overlayed over the game and i have found BZ2 to crash on startup numerous times when a program that uses an overlay is active at the time) All of those settings can be found in the enbseries.ini file.

The settings I am using are nowhere near perfect but I find it to be a large improvment IMO, with the right tweaking it can probably look tons better. If you wanna tweak the settings for yourself do a bit of research on the documentation on the website. Learn what the functions do and how to tweak them appropriately, its not a thing you just install and run and then BZ2 will look pretty. That aside though, if you guys want shaders and all that cool stuff in BZ2 this is probably your best shot ATM.

Zero Angel

lies. that second pic is of far cry, just with similar terrain.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Zero Angel on April 30, 2009, 06:37:12 PM
lies. that second pic is of far cry, just with similar terrain.

Ever seen an ISDF constructor in Farcry?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.