• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How do I??

Started by xSSx Grizzly, May 01, 2009, 12:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSSx Grizzly

Quote from: Red Spot on May 01, 2009, 03:21:40 PM
Like I already mentioned, the colors you chose are just a bit more washed out that the original colors.

For really black, try 0 0 0 255 and see the difference :)
(I would try something in between, like 150 50 60 255 for a much darker red-ish color)

Not sure if you know this but this is the RGB-code, basicly just means the first entry is Red, 2nd Green, 3rd Blue - RGB
255 = white/full color
0 = black/no color

255 255 255 255 would give you pretty bright ships
0 0 0 255 would give you pretty dark ships

Go into word or excel or whatever other program you have on your system that allows you to select colors, pick a custom color and check its RGB values. Its a lot easier than rebooting the game 10 times.

Just changed it to 0 0 0 255 and it's exactly the same Red :x

Red Spot

Try again: http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/LocalPrefs.ini

These colors:
TeamColorTeamA = "60 10 20 255" // Griz-black
TeamColorTeamB = "60 120 20 255" // Griz-green

Looks like:
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Nielk1

0 0 0  will not work, try 1 1 1
0 0 0 counts as not set.

Click on the image...

xSSx Grizzly

Real odd as using 1 1 1 still red and still blue even though RS's is green enemy.

Red Spot

Quote from: xSSx Grizzly on May 02, 2009, 01:31:06 AM
Real odd as using 1 1 1 still red and still blue even though RS's is green enemy.

I used these colors yesterday on MPIFire, us scion vs isdf ... pretty cool green on that map, sort of camouflages the isdf :)
(and makes the scions pretty dark overall ...)

FYI, for the mod I'm working on I'm planning to set up a few netvars to allow the host to set map-specific teamcolors or leave it up to the *prefs.ini files to do teamcolors. That should make it possible for the host to set different teamcolors based on the maps-settings, or settings he sets before launching the game, or selecting 'default *prefs.ini colors'. That should make it a lot easier to set map-specific teamcolors, however does possibly allow the host to override the others teamcolor settings, if he/she wishes.

Basicly it will look like this:

Set map specific teamcolors:
[no] [yes]
Map specific teamcolors:
teamA: [120] [120] [120] [255] (will be read in from the maps .inf file but can be overriden)
teamB: [20] [20] [20] [255] (will be read in from the maps .inf file but can be overriden)

xSSx Grizzly

I dunno, stupid machine.

Red Spot

Quote from: xSSx Grizzly on May 02, 2009, 01:31:06 AM

Just to make sure griz, you used my *prefs.ini file and it still doesnt work .. have you looked at "LocalPrefs_bzone.ini" to see if you also specified teamcolors in there? I'm not sure but I think the *bzone.ini may override the *prefs.ini, so if you do have the colors specified in bzone.ini than that could be the whole problem ...

General BlackDragon

Do note, localprefs_bzone will overwrite localprefs

*****General BlackDragon*****

xSSx Grizzly

IT WORKED HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame i'm not gonna be able to play until next week after 4pm GMT  :x

xSSx Grizzly

Decided against the black now, got these colours now

Red Devil

What box???

Red Spot

lol, here is an other .. :P
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\winword.exe :D

Steeveeo

Eh, paint is better at picking colors than WORD.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Red Spot

Ok than, for you:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\paint.exe :D

Nielk1

Quote from: xSSx Grizzly on May 02, 2009, 08:08:04 AM
Decided against the black now, got these colours now

I use something like those since the day the feature came out for the private 1.3
Slightly darker though. Not Darker shade, I mean hue. More blue and more dark-green.

Click on the image...