• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Stolen Phone...

Started by TheJamsh, May 03, 2009, 03:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Happens to everyone doesnt it? Thought it would never happen to me.

All my numbers... organised stuff the whole lot... nicked by some light-fingered b*st*rd. All theifs should have their hands cut off.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Happens, I had my Sansa Clip stolen recently.

To add insult to injury, someone *Ammo*ing NINJA'D it and took it right from the table top right next to 3 of my friends...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

I have no such problems as I got rid of my mobile and haven't needed one since.

For that matter I barely use phones. For christs sake, if you can't say something to someones face then you probably shouldn't be saying it at all.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Unless you can't find them :P

AHadley

I've never had a phone, though I'll probably begin to need one at some point soon. I can understand how infuriating it is, my old iPod got nicked not long ago. Lost an Alkaline Trio and an InMe album with it too, they weren't on my PC. I've got them back now, and got a better iPod, but I still can't put linux on it.

OvermindDL1

If mine was ever stolen they would not be able to figure it out. :P
As well as if mine is powered then I know its location to within 3 meters anywhere on the planet there is service, thus easy to find...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

Damn you OvermindDL1 and you're unbelievably cool power toys :P

The tracker is you're own software i take it?

OvermindDL1

Nah, Google Latitude. No point reinventing the wheel, especially when it is free. :P

TheJamsh

that i didnt know you could do. is that specific to youre phone only?

Red Devil

That'd be great in case your kid gets grabbed.
What box???

OvermindDL1

Actually with Sprint (since they are who I have, I can speak about them), you can pay like $3/month or so and always know where your phone is down to about 10 meters, great for your kids phones. :P
Google Latitude uses the GPS on your phone so it is more accurate (about 3 meters to 1 foot considering how good your GPS is), but it requires an internet connection, so if you already have the 'net on your phone, it is better, but it drains the battery faster since it uses the GPS.

TheJamsh

It looks like google one is stuck to only certain types of phone though. You also have to accept a text message of follow a link on the phone when it looks for you i think, not good.

OvermindDL1

No text messages that I have seen.  Just all automatic.  And no I am not giving any of your view access to my latitude link.  :P

TheJamsh

DrummaDude

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on May 19, 2009, 10:45:53 PM
If mine was ever stolen they would not be able to figure it out. :P
As well as if mine is powered then I know its location to within 3 meters anywhere on the planet there is service, thus easy to find...

What would make yours so complicated?