• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Nielk1's Idea Dumping Ground

Started by Nielk1, May 13, 2009, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Axeminister on May 18, 2009, 04:50:35 PM
Make a mine that does the opposite of the solar flare and instead freezes a ship partially as it drives over it, thereby reducing it's functionality.

Easy without DLL. Just use a flaremine with an EMP Lockdown style weapon.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Make a mine that does the opposite of the solar flare and instead freezes a ship partially as it drives over it, thereby reducing it's functionality. Another mine like the fountain that when dropped it changes the temperature with snow in proximity of the mine temporarily for use with your ships into areas that the snow machine has not been set up yet.

Actually the mine is a good idea. Right now most of this is ideas so go crazy! Discussions of how to do things are good too! Yes, BBB's way would work, and would likely be best in combination with a local temperature drop.

I've been looking into making a firestorm defense wall type object too.

Click on the image...

anomaly

Similar to that mine: a mine that emits a wide cold area effect, slowing vehicles to a crawl, serving a function similar to a mits mine.  I'm thinking of something with a wider area of effect than a flaremine, though

TheJamsh

flaremine could still do it.

Shot radius of the ordnance its shooting just needs to be bigger, anchor rockets might do it better though.

Either that or a well-tuned up magnet shield.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

hosolon

Quote from: Avatar on May 17, 2009, 07:07:39 PM
  I'd think the only real effect would be on speed, turning, friction, that sort of thing.

so i could be like the scion emp make it into a wave as in the scion sonic wave. you see where i am going?

Zero Angel

Make a mine that does the opposite of the solar flare and instead freezes a ship partially as it drives over it, thereby reducing it's functionality. Another mine like the fountain that when dropped it changes the temperature with snow in proximity of the mine temporarily for use with your ships into areas that the snow machine has not been set up yet.
Oooh, like a long lasting spraymine which constantly fires emp-lockdown type weapons? Teamfiltered would let the canadian forces pass through the field but enemy teams would be slowed down by it.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

That would be the non DLL way.

If the DLL made things it hit cooler, Canadian units could drop them and use them to enhance their ships firepower when sitting on top of them.

Click on the image...