• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Why cant i play multi?

Started by King Gladiator, May 03, 2009, 02:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Gladiator

ok so i have a vista computer with 1.3 pb4a patch and i can never find any one who i can join. is it becuause everyone has different patches ormy computer is stupid? i see a lot of 1.3 ta5 games but i cant use that because 1.3 ta5 wont allow me to create a account to play with. can anyone help me and if you can tell me what version most people play multi on?
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Red Spot

install ta5, delete the files in the "pilots" folder .. problem solved ...
besides that you can still log in using the 2nd or later slots .... just shows how much you tried :D
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

King Gladiator

Quote from: Red Spot on May 03, 2009, 03:06:24 PM
install ta5, delete the files in the "pilots" folder .. problem solved ...
besides that you can still log in using the 2nd or later slots .... just shows how much you tried :D

Hmm... only problem is when i install 1.3 ta5 the pilots folder is already empty even if i made a bunch of accounts on the original version. and when i try to log in every account reads [Empty] and when i click on any of them and try to log in as that i still cant continue
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Vid

Click on an empty one, type in a name in the box, and try?  or am I just reading that wrong.

Red Spot

What Vid said, else you could try what GSH suggested (who is pretty much allknowing in respect to BZ2 :))
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,9227.msg142036.html#msg142036
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

AHadley

Remember to forward your ports too, that is normally the problem if you can't see any games.

The Nettips.rtf file should be able to help you, you'll find it in BZ2's root directory.

King Gladiator

i dont know what forwarding my ports is. how do i do that?
-Edmund Burke

General BlackDragon

Uuum...one sec there's a site thats useful for this...

http://www.portforward.com/

*****General BlackDragon*****

GSH

Read the nettips (aka nettips.rtf file, if you have Windows configured to show file extensions). That file is installed with 1.3 to the same directory as bzone.exe. It notes you shouldn't need to open ports to be a client; you may need to train your firewall to allow BZ2 packets thru.

I think the original poster's problem was that he couldn't create a pilot, and that was solved by installing BZ2 outside of c:\program files.

-- GSH

King Gladiator

yeah that and also i just wanted to know what version people played on most. is 1.3ta5 the most popular version now or do people still use 1.3 pb4a or 1.2.
-Edmund Burke

bigbadbogie

TA5 and 1.2 are the most played versions.

Anyone who still plays pb4a is probably unaware of TA5 because it fixes most MP bugs from pb4a.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

xSSx Grizzly

If using Vista run as an administrator.

King Gladiator

yes you always try to run as an admin because vista is so stupid and paranoid you cant do anything short of having two forms of proof of address and photo id. Some of us have to run on limited accounts.  :x
-Edmund Burke

King Gladiator

when i go into the multi server i only see at most four games that i can join going on. there are usually about nine games but they are in different versions. do i need to forward ports to see other games going on or is there just about ten games going on? also, i cant join chat. when i click the chat button the game tells me i am unable to join chat.
-Edmund Burke

Nielk1

TA5 shows all real games.

TA5 and PB4 and PB4a will only show ONE server with -No Map- set. These are spam anyway.

Click on the image...