• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mega Deploy?

Started by King Gladiator, May 08, 2009, 08:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Gladiator

anyone know what this thing does? it looks like a mega statue with treads but as far as i know you cant command it or drive it and it just sits there not doing anything. For those of you who still don't know what i mean its in the editor under vehicles.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Nielk1

The map places it over a pool. The point is it deploys on that pool instead of trying to come and deploy on your base pool.

That is why there are pools under megas.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

Oh, I always assumed that the dropPool was done by other means.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

King Gladiator

i always thought someone put a pool down then dumped the mega on top of it. so if i wanted to do the same thing with the mega deploy how would i do that?
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Red Spot

Quote from: King Gladiator on May 09, 2009, 07:30:48 PM
i always thought someone put a pool down then dumped the mega on top of it. so if i wanted to do the same thing with the mega deploy how would i do that?

I'm not really sure, but you can try it out easilly enough. Afaik if you create an object that is fixed on a pool in how the game works (extractors) and than destroy the building the pools still stays on the map.

Based on that I would say the Mega is deployed so when you destroy it the pool remains and its not like there are actually 2 objects placed (pool and Mega) but just one object (the Mega).
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Nielk1

The pool is removed and put into a special bit of memory so it will be replaced. Non extractors have a special ODF line that must be added for this code to work.

Click on the image...

King Gladiator

im still confused...is the deploy like a scavenger? does it hunt down a pool then deploy over it then shoot everyone who comes near it? if i wanted to make one do i put a pool by the deploy then wait for it to set up over it?
-Edmund Burke

Red Spot

Quote from: King Gladiator on May 12, 2009, 01:28:59 PM
im still confused...is the deploy like a scavenger? does it hunt down a pool then deploy over it then shoot everyone who comes near it? if i wanted to make one do i put a pool by the deploy then wait for it to set up over it?

Find the building it deploys to, it is defined in the .odf for the vehicle, than place that one your map assigned to team 0 or 1.
Than shoot at it untill its says poof and see what it does ... ;)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

King Gladiator

-Edmund Burke

Nielk1

Or place the vehicle over a pool and wait about 1 min and it will deploy.

Click on the image...

GreenHeart

The Mega Statue is created by the dll's mpic path spawn code.  The ai pathpoint name that i've used is the following "mpic1_fvmega_ivmega"  no quotes, then it automaticly deploys on the pool that is under it after afew seconds.

Note: always have the mega scav spawn over a pool other wise the preset lifespan (ODF Setting) will automaticly destroy the unit before it can reach a pool.  I didn't want one to roam around the map trying to reach the players base pool since it could end up destroying the players base early ingame. 
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

bigbadbogie

LOL!! I could just imagine watching in horror as 2 of my first turrets pitifully try to damage this huge mega-statue as it rolls into my base and over to a spare pool.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

King Gladiator

i could just see the messaging going on in strategey

"blah blah blah beginning stuff..."
"OMG what is that?"
"What?"
"I think there is a mega statue...heading to my base!"
"Haha sucks for you!"
"Great! it just deployed over my pool! now its killing everything!"

Victory for Player A in 25 seconds

"Woot!"
-Edmund Burke

GreenHeart

Quote from: bigbadbogie on May 12, 2009, 08:57:41 PMas it rolls into my base and over to a spare pool.

That can't happen unless you remove life expire line from the odf that prevents it from deploying anywhere else.  If it attempts to go anywhere else it will not have enough travel time before it goes kaboom & disappears.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.